Rob Cosman seminars

larry merlau

well folks i have been bitten some time ago by the hand tool bug and threw Steve Clardy's help, got a feel for how to do some of it.. and then the tool vortex struck:eek: he didnt warn me of that part:) anyway i had the chance to have full day with Rob Cosman yesterday and i can begin to tell you how much i hope i retained from him.. he is a excellent teacher, and excellent at his trade.. i got to see plane shavings fly and float.. yes i mean float up and stick to the ceiling... they measured with a high dollar Micrometer some Japanese name at just over a half thousandth...on hard maple. with a normal older version of a stanley number 5.5 that he had a new blade in that was sharp... i thought i knew sharp in my world but not his..if any one has the chance to go to ne of his seminars ,GO you wont be disappointed..Tennessee is his nest stop next wknd. Memphis i think.. and to see him make his dovetails and not chk first, just put together is amazing and half blinds as well. this was one extremely great class :) and many thanks to him for sharing his knowledge that he has attained from so many of the great ones and to many of them are gone and there knowledge as well.

took no pics, but do have notes and am in the middle of tryun to pick out what can go in tool line to be replaced by some others..oh do have his autograph got told to get it from the store lady:) she knows me by my first name oootooh:eek:

Larry, you do realize that we expect a FULL DEMONSTRATION on the tour bus:D:D:D Glad it was enlightening and beneficial to you:thumb: Wish I could of been there with ya also:eek:

Larry, you do realize that we expect a FULL DEMONSTRATION on the tour bus:D:D:D

I second that proposal:thumb: I used his dovetail techniques from his videos and I suceeded after practising of course. Funny enough he teaches tails first technique, but Iget better results with the pins first one which is believed to be more difficult.

I even wrote him asking about it and he was very surprised of that, according his explanation ( which I don't fully understand) with the tails first technique you only need to make one set of cuts right, and with the pins first one you need to make both sets right.:dunno: hence its difficulty. If so, why do I get better results with the pins first?

Oh boy i bet you sorry you did not take that camera.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

As for hand tool vortex, well tell me about it.:rofl::rofl:

I think that tour bus is looking like a Neader group tour now.:D Tom you best leave the wallet at home cause i see you guys coming back with all sorts in the hand tool line and its infectious. ;):)

Oh boy i bet you sorry you did not take that camera.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

As for hand tool vortex, well tell me about it.:rofl::rofl:

I think that tour bus is looking like a Neader group tour now.:D Tom you best leave the wallet at home cause i see you guys coming back with all sorts in the hand tool line and its infectious. ;):)
May have to rename it the
Knuckle Dragers Tour"...:D:thumb::rofl: