Now here's a snake for ya......

Mark Rios

Here's the story:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070126/od_nm/malaysia_python_dc_1

Wooooooweeeeeee....that would make a bunch of belts.

2007_01_26t095821_363x450_us_malaysia_python.jpg

The biggest snake I've owned was a Burmese python at thirteen feet. I sold it when it kept growing because thirteen feet is my self-imposed size limit for being able to handle a snake on my own. Any bigger than that and it could get a little hairy (or scaly....if you prefer :D )

Last edited:
I had a friend in high school whose mom worked at a local animal shelter. They had a huge 18 foot python that had been dropped off by someone who could no longer care for it. Fact was, the snake had scarfed down their two toy poodles one day, which brought them to the realization that maybe they were a bit over their heads.:D It spent a few weeks at the shelter before they found a more suitable home for it. When alarmed, the snake made a sound like Darth Vader's breathing. Very fascinating creature.

Cheers,

Kevin

I just don't understand some people's pet choices...

If you own a large snake like that, be prepared to feed it lots of rats and bunnies. You basically have to raise your own food for it. And they have quite a stink to them too. Interesting as they may be, a python wouldn't be my first choice for a pet.

Cheers,

Kevin

As a teenager, my first wife inherited a 6 foot rock python when her brother left home and joined the Air Force. By the time they donated it to the Albuquerque zoo, it was 18 feet long, and it took three big men to move it. I think it was getting a bunny per week at that point.

I'm not a reptile person, so I don't understand the allure of having them as pets. :rolleyes:

.... Me neither,yikes :eek:.

As a teenager, my first wife inherited a 6 foot rock python when her brother left home and joined the Air Force. By the time they donated it to the Albuquerque zoo, it was 18 feet long, and it took three big men to move it. I think it was getting a bunny per week at that point.

I'm not a reptile person, so I don't understand the allure of having them as pets. :rolleyes: