Things you'll find on the web

So I'm surfing around and come across this http://www.toolcrib.com/blog/2008/0...uide-biesemeyer-vs-unifence-vs-vega-vs-incra/
Quotes:
“The Biesemeyer’s simplicity and rigidity make it the best fence available, IMO.”
Jim Delaney

Ya know, I still think that's the case.

Interestingly, I don't recall making that statement, though - might have been on SMC, but I'd bet it goes all the way back to Badger Pond, I do recall a discussion of Biesemeyer vs Vega back when...

BTW, when/where ever I said it, I was in good company, since the other quote was from 'Chico' Sakman. :D

I had a PM 66 with the Biesemeyer fence on it and loved it. I now have a unisaw with the unifence and HATE it cant wait to get rid of the whole thing and get a good saw and Biesemeyer fence.

Jay

I still have a Biesemeyer clone on my Shop Fox cabinet saw. Clone or not, it's nearly as good as the real thing. The only difference is the UHMW faces on the SF, vs the melamine ones on the Biese.

It's a really good design - and Vaughn, the Incra doesn't even come close, IMO, unless you're just doing fiddley little things. Comparing the two is like comparing an M1 Abrahms to a Kia.:D:D

Jim, have you used the Incra on a tablesaw? And not the original plastic Incra jig, but the TSIII or LS models. For me, the repeatability is the key selling point. I can rip a piece at 1 25/32", remove the fence, make some other cuts, then put the fence back on, set it to 1 25/32" again, and know for certain the next piece I rip will exactly match the first one. That fact that it's very stable and stays dead-on accurate is a bonus. And when the fence is fully locked down (which I very seldom actually do), it ain't going anywhere. I don't see how the Bies could be any more stable.

Not knocking the Bies at all, but I don't feel it has the ease of repeatability that the Incra has. ;)