What do you think?

This stands 7" tall and is 5" max dia. Made from an unknown wood I rescued from the log pile. It was an experiment that turned out well as there are burrs, odd grain and figuring all over it. Inside is matt black and the outside finished with Ren. wax. The shell is just blue tacked in at the moment. Personally I like it at the moment but thought I'd see what others think

Pete

Beautiful wood and I really like the form of the vessel. The black interior and shell don't really appeal to me, though. I still suspect those features will hit other peoples' buttons the right way. ;)

Thank you all for your comments and critique. The shell is now gone. I still think that it needs something in there but I'll leave it empty for the moment until inspiration strikes. Someone suggested mushrooms as it reminded them of a cave they had been to where they were growing all over the floor. My wife has temporarily put a little gnome in it :rolleyes:

It took about 2 hours all told. It is as hard as rock so wasn't too bad. I though when I started that I would end up with two small holes instead of one large one but by the time I had the wall down to a reasonable thickness the centre bit had gone as well. The beauty of doing these is one that it only costs time and second you never really know what it will turn out like.

Pete