Double Deal and two questions Milwaukee M12 Drill

Rob Keeble

Here is the deal at CPO.

http://www.cpomilwaukee.com/milwauk...screwdriver/miln2401-22,default,pd.html?cgid=

or

http://www.cpomilwaukee.com/milwauk...ault,pd.html?start=1&cgid=milwaukee-m12-tools

This is not only a real good price for the drill but you get free ground shipping and right now you get a plumb laser.

So here is my two questions

1) Anyone have any reviews or opinions on this drill. I have been wanting one for a long time.
2) Would there be a family member prepared to have me ship it to them, have them hold it for me and claim the mail in rebate for the plumb laser and then i will pay to have them flat rate it to me in Canada. CPO don't ship to Canada at any cost.

I aint in no hurry, heck i have waited this long whats a few months more to claim the rebate right.

You wont believe what we get skinned for this drill here. :huh::dunno::mad:

For your review opinions please post here. If you are prepared to assist with receipt storage and mail in rebate please pm me. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Last edited:
No experience with the product but, I've relayed stuff to Toni in Spain. I'm pretty sure I could forward something to that little place where you live. Its right next door ;-) Someone closer would be cheaper but if no Northern members offer up, I'm your man.

No reviews on the drill but its my birthday next month and I could use a new drill. I think I'll leave a few hints around the house.
If you need someone to hold and ship I would be pleased to help.

I've got two of those little screwdriver things and I wonder what I did without them. I don't use them for drywall or stuff, but for predrilled holes in wood, they work fine.

I have a little skill lithium and a ryobi green lithium one and they both work fine.

I've got two of those little screwdriver things and I wonder what I did without them. I don't use them for drywall or stuff, but for predrilled holes in wood, they work fine.

I have a little skill lithium and a ryobi green lithium one and they both work fine.
I have the little pistol grip skil lithium. The thing is a workhorse !! I use it all the time especially when I have to get in tight spaces like under a table top or drawer slides.

Rob i have the bosch version of the drill and am gonna get the impact in the same size as soon as i can.. they are very well made for the size and have more power than you think.:) i just saw your request and can do what you need if bob changes his mind:) but bob can have at iti got things to do soon:):D

Wow i find it strange that no family members have the Milwaukee. Todd calling Todd the Milwaukee fan. Do you have one of these two units.

Who is buying them if none of us are. Maybe the guys on the other forums.:rofl:;)

I am not getting my feet wet on this one unless i can speak to a user of the actual device. I had enough of the Borg buy a box unknown and this one is coming home on a one way ticket likely without being able to use the warranty.

Thanks Glen, Bob and Larry all for the offer of assistance. I will get back to you as soon as i get to decide based on some actual user of this actual tool.

Last edited:
I've got the Bosch driver, drill, impact, and thier right-angle I-driver. Love the small tools. My regular sized tools are all Milwaukee M18. Love them too.

If didn't already have 1 of the Bosch drivers, I would have bought the Milwaukee stuff. Instead I bought the impact and I-Driver off a friend who did switch to Milwaukee. Just got the drill yesterday on the Woodwerks 20th anniversary 1/2 off deal.

But those prices really aren't any great deal--that's the going price. I even saw them for that price at a local store.

Oh Matt this is a good deal to me a very very good deal.

1) Free US shipping This is imaterial as we compare it to local store.
2) Drill plus 2 batteries plus charger New $129
3) Free Plumb laser Value $89

Take a look at the images below and you see what the Canadian version of this is going for

$179 at home depot when the exchange rate is almost 1:1

Then the milwaukee "big deal" offer of naked tools yeah who the heck and use a drill without the battery, so who do they think they trying to fool.

So drill $99
Battery $49
Battery Charger $49

And now you only have one battery

EvidenceCanadian Milwaukee price home depot.jpg
Milwauke so called flyer in Canada.jpg

We getting skinned alive then you still have to add 13% for provicial and federal taxes. Now they should wonder why we aint rushing out to buy these things.

Oh and on machinery its worse.

Just on a side, spent a week in USA, entitles me to duty and tax free import to value of $750.

So stop at Grizzly purchase a 8 inch jointer $650 plus I think it was 6 or 7% local sales tax.

Now you compare this was a 3hp 8 inch mobile base included jointer with 4 knives

Go to Busy Bee or King Canada for the same size lessor motor 1.5HP and you have over $1050 before you add the 13% tax.

Now that Grizzly is shipping to Canada I think you can do all the shipping costs and brokerage fees etc and taxes and still come out ahead and have a warranty and a better machine than the junk at the above two places. Dont even start to compare the Delta or other brand name machines it gets ridiculous.
Just for the record I aint a supporter of imported goods. I have been one to put my money proudly where it counts and buy USA made Delta bandsaw with USA made motor along with a USA made dust collector which ended up costing me double to what you pay in the USA for the same goods. But I hate being gouged on imported TaiChi stuff. Ok off the soapbox.

I continue my quest.

Last edited: