iPhone Apps..........?

Stuart Ablett

OK, now that my daughter has moved to Canada, I get my iPhone, finally :rolleyes: :thumb:

What handy apps do you have on you iPhone, free is best, but if something is really useful, I'll gladly pay for it.

I have:

Compass
eWiFi
Google Earth
Flash-Light
iHandy Level
PreSize
Solitaire
TanZen Lite

What Apps do you use all the time and find handy?:huh:

Cheers!

Those I find I use most are
Facebook
The weather Channel (do they have one in Japan)
DocsToGo ($9.99 - allows you to open, edit, email, etc. Word, Excel, Powerpoint docs)
eBay
PhoneFlicks (Access Netflix que)
BoardFoot
PS Mobile (free Photoshop)

A couple may be of no use in Japan, sorry.

my son fills his with games... He signed up with 'http://freeappaday.com/' and they make an app available for free each day.

Two of the guys at work here use theirs for watching their diets -- they have "loseit" which is in the health section, and free I believe. I gather there is a database with calories and the like so they track their intake.

Stu,

I use it on my iPhone (skype) here in the states.

of course I use mail, contacts, maps, weather, voice memos, along with many games to pass the time waiting in doctors offices etc.-- Hope this does not violate the CoC but I have the Book of Common prayer on my iPhone..

Paul

Some free, some were purchased, some used more that others:

AppBox Pro (all sorts of handy apps rolled into one)
Pandora Radio (tunes)
Radio Paradise (tunes)
iCarPark (where did you leave the car?)
GasBag (gas station prices)
TaskPro (to-do lists)
Grocery G (grocery shopping lists)
Theodolite (a thoedolite)
Carpenter (levels, rulers, and a plumb bob)
Scanner 911 (live streaming police and fire scanners)
I.D. Wood (wood identification reference)
Need for Speed Underground (racing game)
Need for Speed Shift (another racing game)
Midnight Pool (8-ball and 9-ball pool)
Moodagent (music playlist generator)
RedLaser (bar code scanner and web-based pricing...more nifty than necessary)

Not nearly a complete list, but those are my favorites.

...Hope this does not violate the CoC but I have the Book of Common prayer on my iPhone...

It's only a violation if you start posting quotes from it. ;)

Stu I dont have an Iphone but my son has an Ipod.

One app that i think is going to be a big hit is the dragon app.

Its a mini version of the dragon naturally speaking software and allows you to dictate into the iphone and have it convert it instantly to text.

http://www.dragonmobileapps.com/

I certainly could do with one of these.:):thumb:

Stu, I think you're losing it.... :rolleyes:

I just googled "iphone app loseit" and this is the first hit.

I could not find them on the "App Store" on my iPhone :dunno:

Maybe it is regional? :huh:

I did find Skype, and spent nearly an hour talking to Charlie Plesums in Texas!

Great talking to you Charlie! :wave:

No video on the iPhone (I bet Charlie is thankful for that ;) ) but on my end at least, using the iPhone in speaker phone mode, it was great!

Cheers!

I can't get it, it is in the US store, and I'm in Japan, my account is for the Japanese store and it does not exist in the Japanese store. :doh:

I tried to sign up for an account for the US store, but it won't let me use my Japanese Credit card to sign up for the US store, I have to have a US address that matches my credit card :bang:

Stupid or what :crash:

Just for the record rather than edit my post on the Dragon app I want to add information i was informed about by pm after i posted.

First let me be clear i dont have an ipod or iphone ....yet.

Then i have been a user of Dragon software. I automatically assumed (make an ass out of me and you) incorrectly that the app gave you real power of voice to text on the iphone. Its been reported to me that this is not quiet as simple as it appears. Your voice file is uploaded to the server to be converted and return as text. I see income generation here and privacy issues.

Then it from what i am told it uploads your email addresses or contact data to the server. Again something that you might want to be checking on when you suddenly find your friends being told you use the Dragon app so maybe they would like to try it.

Word of caution. Thats all. The idea is great the execution in my mind is a result of processing power and income generation need.