Friday again so whacha got planned for the weekend

With any luck, I'll be making a clothe cover for my bad foot's boot and standing at the lathe tomorrow morning.....curlies will be flying!!:D

I will be finishing up the down sizing this weekend , closing up one of the bays. The Spray booth is built and everything is in order. Tomorrow the wife and I will go and watch the judging of the Md Duck Stamp contest and see how my Swans will do. Then Sunday back in the shop. I found out one thing, I do not have a problem of junk collecting any more. I got the get rid of it syndrome.

Time to rototill the garden, then maybe a trip to Tractor Supply to check out their fence panels to keep critters out and/or grow pole beans on. Also need to crank out a turkey call for a friend. I'll try this one in maple burl and see how it comes out.

Heading to my home town to watch a high school track meet. They started up their meet again after not having one for years and named it after my high school track coach. I didn't get to go last year, and can't get away for the banquet tonight. I'll pick my Mom up on the way so she can visit with a friend while I'm at the track meet. I'll leave by 6:00 am (ouch) and hopefully be back about 6:00 pm. (about 6 hours worth of driving total) Won't stay for the whole meet. Hope to visit with some old team mates and my coach. Haven't seen him in about 15 years or so.
Sunday I need to rebuild and mount the overhead guard/pickup on the new saw. Will get some supplies on my way home tomorrow. But the weekend starts off with the Baylor basketball game this evening on TV. I'll miss the Lady Bears Sweet 16 game tomorrow while I'm gone. 'SIC 'EM BEARS!!!
Have a safe weekend everyone! Jim.

Hmmm.... write 2 worship services, plus one sermon. Mail ordination invites. Work on ordination/installation services.

In between, maybe, sneak a little time in the turning shack. Depends on my shoulder. Don't plan to screw that up, so it may be just to go out there and sit awhile.

Continued work on the Sketch-Up of the new shop building for later this summer. Got one go ahead from the county. It was the most critical, so I feel good about that. After the middle of next month, I will get to the next county requirement, regarding my septic system. They need a certification that it is working properly.

I am told that I have been negligent in consuming my vacation time. If I don't take some before the end of the month I will lose any hours earned from April forward. So, I'm off till April Fool's.

New drawer unit for under the bench (part of my commitment to re-organize before the next "nice" project) and some planning for the yard (the lawn goes, native plants going in).

Need to finish up a dresser repair I've been working on. I've got the new side panel built, dyed, and clear coated. Now I just need to rub out the finish and get it installed. I'll hopefully have it ready to deliver Monday.

I've also got several turning projects in various stages of finishing...need to have some of them done before the Tour de Wood hits town. ;) If time permits, I've got a couple little knife projects that I've been meaning to get done, too.

All of the above is contingent on LOML not coming up with something "more important" for me to do.

Oh yeah, my bundle of joy and happiness BIL will be over both days this weekend working on more of his Viking stuff. He's really a nice guy, but without tons of drama, his life would be incomplete. I can hardly wait.

...I do not have a problem of junk collecting any more. I got the get rid of it syndrome.

Wanna come hang out in my shop for a few days, Dave? :p I need to clean up a bit before the Tour comes by my place, but if I do much of it now. it'll be dirty again by the time they get here. I'll wait until shortly before they arrive, then I'll mop the ceiling and shovel off the floor. Heck, I might even polish all the handwheels and iron the curtains, too. :rofl: