photo editing software

John,

Seven years ago, I had a special computer built for my amateur photographer/videographer wife. It had some specilized software from Dell.

Just last week I replaced it with another special built Dell computer. I bought it with Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 for her photography.

I also bought Adobe Premiere Elements 8 for her videography.

I talked with a number of knowledgeable friends including one who is a professional photographer and Photoshop Elements was the recommended software by all.

I have played with the program a little and it seems to be pretty intuitive so I think my computer challenged wife will be able to comfortably and easily use it.

Last edited:
I'm also using Photoshop Elements. :thumb:

For day-to-day cropping and resizing, I also use Irfanview, which is one of the best free software products I've used. It does a lot more than cropping and resizing, but it's not suitable for touching up a photo the way Photoshop can.

I use PhotoShop Elements. Good bang for the buck. Something not always mentioned is the organizer part of it. Tagging your photos with keywords and names makes it very easy to find old pics.

I use a program called Microsoft Digital Image 9... it's inexpensive and simple to use. Also have Picaso and Gimp on the system, plus Printshop photo pro.... I have a copy of Photo shop that my son gave me, think is version 3... haven't installed it and probably won't... MDI works for me and does about everything I want to do to a photo.

My wife is a graphic artist so I have Photoshop available. But it's too darn hard to use for what I need it for. I've been using Photoscape for quite a while and it's AWESOME for a FREE program. It will do a TON of things and is very easy to use. Give it a try, it doesn't cost anything.

http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php

With very little effort you can do some amazing things with digital photos.

John

First, try Picasa from Google and see if it fits your needs.

That is all I use. I also use picasaweb You can see what I do with it here

I would also look at this online free software http://www.picnik.com/ Google has just purchased this company so it will be interesting to see where that goes.

I now have a paid account with google for storage. So for $80 per year I can upload as much as I want. What this really gives me is I can upload originals to PicasaWeb. I do this to save stuff before I do any editing.