NEWSFLASH: Another One Bites the Dust!

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Anonymous (but very reliable) sources have supplied Family Woodworking with secret spy camera shots of a die-hard flatworker as he takes the plunge into the Vortex. He was obviously trying to disguise himself for fear of being spotted and exposed as the turncoat he really is. I know all of us turners would welcome him into the group, but I suspect he'll deny that it's him in the photos, even though this is irrefutable, unretouched photographic evidence that he did indeed enter the Abyss. :D

I'm sure his flatworker buddies would be shocked, SHOCKED I say, if they knew he was flirting with the Dark Side. (Who can blame the guy? We've got cookies and all that.) I know who it is, and if he sees these pics, he'll also know, but do any of the rest of you guys care to take a guess who this is?

Mystery Turner 11.jpg Mystery Turner 3.jpg Mystery Turner 2.jpg Mystery Turner 1.jpg

I have more pics, but we'll start with these and add more later if necessary. :p

Here I was hoping for some big mystery, and ol' Larry nails it on the first guess. :rolleyes: :p It's hard to tell with the dust mask and all, but Glenn's grinning from ear to ear in those photos. :D

Can anyone of us ever trust him again :( :rofl::rofl:

You say that like he was trusted before. :rofl:

Ah well, he's an OK guy, so I guess we should let him slide this time. If I can get him up to my house, maybe I'll be able to get him to take a little ride on the Mustard Monster. (After Larry's turn, of course.) :D

I normally do an 'exclusive' search on new posts. I must confess that it does not include ANY turning sub-forums. I am not sure how I was superimposed into those pics but I deny, DENY I say, even the tiniest hint that I was anywhere near Dan's old lathe, . . . at my dad's, . . . turning an oak glue-up blank, . . . on a Saturday, . . . at about 11:30 in the morning . . . nope, nope, wasn't me ;-)

I'd never used a lathe before but, dad got me through a little practice piece.

Glenn I figured it was your Dad that ratted you out.:rofl::rofl: He is just keeping you honest like all good Dads should.:thumb:

Okay so what you thinking of getting now that you had a taste?

Spill the beans we know ya been looking.:D