Windows 7 finally

Rob Keeble

Finally i got to purchase and load Windows 7 Pro on my duo core machine. Wow what a pleasure. After living through all those editions we finally get what Mac has been offering all these years. :huh::D

I know our resident IT gurus gave it a thumbs up a long time ago but i have been so gun shy i was gonna wait till the dust settled to ensure it wasnt another dud. Had enough of them in the past, remember Me and 98 and and and.

Anyhow as an ex techie I just love the thing. By the way for those of you experiencing slow internet at times with our site, you might want to check on the status of your existing hard drive.

My motivation for sorting out my backup (main computer) was the fact that the last time everything got slow it ended up being the drive that had issues with bad blocks and was slowly degrading as time went by. It slowed the computer down real slow until it stopped.

Not sure the Mac fans in the audience would agree, but I do like Winders 7.

Heck, I like Ubuntu as well, but a lot of the software I run requires windows, so I'm a captive audience!

My Guru tells me he won't reccommend 7 because he doesn't know how to work through "Kinks" He has it on one computer and is quickly learning the ins & outs. Me, I'm still XP and happy.... he tells me that I was wise Not to go Vista.... We'll see about 7.

I just wonder.... Is it not better to upgrade the hardware when you decide to upgrade Software (Especially when the software controlls the operations of the entire package)

Personally, I'm only Computer Savey enough to know when to ask for help. I hope this works well for you.

If I sell the rifle that was payment for the duplicator, I'm considering a new 'puter. It will be kinda high powered compared to what I have now and with Win 7. Format current one and give to wife.

Oh,,this for Rennie.....the password for our wireless router is: edna

You can come back now. :rolleyes: