Hi, I'm Millar Farewell

Hello everyone, I just joined the forum and look forward to learning from all of you. I've been woodworking for a few years and really enjoy it. Still working 9 to 5, so woodworking fits into evenings and weekends. I found this place from Stu's dungeon on the FWW website. Thanks Stu.

I'm in Lakewood CA which is in LA county and just north of Long Beach.

Six years ago I decided to tear down the garage and build a new one with a bit more room for a wood shop. We now have about 800 sq. ft. on the ground floor and about 600 sq ft upstairs for an office, drafting room, library and whatever else we can think of. The city signed off on the construction May 5, 2005 and the wife and I have been working on it since. It is a work in progress and it's starting to work better as I build more storage and get suff off the floor.

Welcome aboard, Millar. I'm north of you in Tujunga...not quite neighbors, but a heck of a lot closer that Stu is in Tokyo. :) I'm already envious of your shop. Sounds like a great size to play with.

And don't mind Don. He's got a photo fetish of some sort. :p

Welcome, Millar!

BTW, if you're the Millar Farewell that worked at Honda during the 1990s, I think I know you. We did the VICA competitions together for several years - You, Candice, Steve Ehle, and a bunch of others - Was that you?

Welcome to the Family Millar. I see you already had a run in with the resident sheriff and picture police.:rofl: Kinda like coming into town in them old days and not hanging up ones guns.:D;) Here the boys and gals like pictures so ya gotta stop by the shop tour thread and provide a story or two about your shop build. You will see ole Rick there still bashing away and he promised us an update sometime this weekend, (rember Rick :wave::thumb:)

Now the only other thing we need to know is that you a flatworker and not a spinny guy, preferably both :thumb:

Make sure to catch up to the thread on the family tour. You will want to see that bunch passing through your neck of the woods. Come to think of it maybe its too soon we would not want you getting the wrong impression.:D:):thumb::rofl:

Hello Jim

Yes, I'm the same guy you worked with on the VICA stuff in the '90s. Still at Honda and getting my workshop ready for retiring in a few years.

I like to make furniture and turn wood, so just relax and let nature take it's course.

I posted some photos of my shop in my photo album, I'm not sure if you all look there normally, I'm still learning how to work this forum thing.