Friday !

OK , feeeling great finialy little cough still be good. Heading to Va to pick up Jake from school by 12 and back to the farm for some food plot planting, and moving evening and TURKEYS in the morning!

So I will be off for the weekend. Ya all have fun.

Seems like wood working has been usurped by other priorities lately. I miss my shop.
Enneyhow, this week I have been dog sitting my daughter's two Yorkies while she and my wife are at a political conference in New Orleans. (if ye have been watching TV news, you know which one).
Today and tomorrow is my Shrine Club's annual circus. I am MC and honorary ringmaster, gotta be there. Then tomorrow evening, after the third performance I have a three hour drive to my daughter's home where I'll stay the night then pick up the two wimmens from the airport Sunday a.m.
Pushing it to Monday, I'll be handing out promo material for a candidate at a local political rally.
Dog sitting, circus Ringmaster, politiks. Do I lead a strange and eclectic life or what?

I guess Don is to busy preparing for the tour de wood's arrival to start his weekly thread on the weekin's goin onz...:rofl:

Tonight I'm taking the kid to see "how to tame a dragon" and then to get some food somewhere. tomorrow I must get some shop time at the lathe...I need to make a few things for an upcoming show with my dad. Dinner with my FIL and his wife for his 71st birthday saturday night and then Sunday will be some yard work and then shop time. Might need to mow for the first time this spring! :eek:

Well since Dave started it I don't need to. I got the Posole started, the beans a cooken and will be entertaining the tour today, the up early to send em off with a good breakfast. should be a lot of fuin. I'll watch the race from PIR sat night and work on the commision sat and sunday after church.

I've got a lot of grouting to do on the fireplace, but it sure will be nice to get a project completed for a change!

Have to get the irrigation system running for the landscaping. Some stupid critters seem to really enjoy chewing on the plastic tubes, so I've got leaks every where.

And, be watching the Nascar, when I can!

apparently I will be painting.... think I will enlist a child or three to help so it gets done quicker cause who the heck wants to spend all weekend inside painting when it is supposed to be gorgeous out!
Though with all the painting at least I won't have to feel bad about not going to the gym... and maybe we can get a bike ride in too.
Would like to try and get some shop time in myself as well... we shall see. We are 1 month until our first faire of the season :eek:

Like Brent, I'll be working on the irrigation system if my filter housing comes in. Seems I didn't get it drained last year and it froze and cracked over the winter. :eek: Need to finish up the overhead guard/dc hood for the new saw. I've worked a little after work during the week getting the blast gate built (all clear materials...we'll see how it works and holds up). Need to get the "ballast" end of the contraption re-balanced. Also need to get a new drive belt for the lawn tractor, a new spark plug, and get my core charge back on the battery I got for it last weekend. Then mow the yard. Supposed to be a beautiful weekend. Hope every one has a great one! Jim.

I'm replacing all the sod in the front and back yards, painting the exterior of the house, scraping all the popcorn texturing off the ceilings inside the house, painting the interior of the house, putting a new seal coat on the driveway, and re-grouting the tile in the kitchen and dining room.

Fortunately, I've got some friends coming over this weekend. I'll get them to help. :rofl:

I'm replacing all the sod in the front and back yards, painting the exterior of the house, scraping all the popcorn texturing off the ceilings inside the house, painting the interior of the house, putting a new seal coat on the driveway, and re-grouting the tile in the kitchen and dining room.

Fortunately, I've got some friends coming over this weekend. I'll get them to help. :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Not if they don't figure out how to open the duck tape so they can put the head light back in.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

My Saturday plans include an early morning 40 mile bike ride to Mt. Rainier, watching my oldest daughter march with her Jr. High school band in a parade, mowing the lawn and refereeing a sleepover of multiple 5th grade girls.

Sunday I'm going make a frame for a tile trivet that my wife purchased in Maui last week and visit my mom. She's a recent widow who's struggling with being alone after 53 years of marriage.

Monday I'm going to work from home in the morning and then in the afternoon meet my friends up in Seattle for the Mariner's home opener. :thumb:

eh, you can knock that off by noon saturday, what else you got cooking?

Just completed a full week of work installing "Smart Boards" in a local school. I have determined that after a week of hammer drilling in concrete overhead, hefting heavy tools and equipment up stairs and mounting heavy electronics on the wall, I am a 3 day a week worker at best. :doh: (Where is my Aleve?)

The Sun is out and the yard is growing so all WWing is under suspension till Spring Chores are completed. (Else, I don't get to go Fishing... SWMBO said :eek:)

Let me know how that works out for you. Sharon want's us to do it in our great room and redo a knockdown texture on it. Seems like a lot of work for something I never look at! :rofl:

Brent knocking off the old ain't bad, just messy. putting the new on is a little more like work but with a hopper it can all be done in a day. Done many of them when i worked for myself.I had 3 apartment complexs that i would have to re do every time some one moved out.
Steve

Thanks Steve! We just might get to it soon. Next step in the room with the fireplace is to paint, then redo the kitchen floor, then get new carpet. Would make sense to do that before we tear everything up.

Working on tomorrow's Sunday services today. Also working on ordination stuff for next weekend.

Now that the the guys got my kitchen cabinet doors on and shelves in, I can also get my kitchen back in shape for the house guests coming in next week. At least Toni got a knob on the bathroom door. Seems more civilized that way. :rofl:

What a blast this week has been! And next week is planned to be very special as well. I won't soon forget April of 2010!

BTW, Don, send your bean recipe. Your wife has already told me how to improve it. :thumb::rofl::rofl:

BTW, Don, send your bean recipe. Your wife has already told me how to improve it. :thumb::rofl::rofl:

Yea yea yea, I don't use salt on my food anymore (trying to keep the blood pressure down) so it's hard for me to judge. things that taste salty to me don't have enough for other folks taste..:D

Lets see Carol wants the been recipe and Bill wants the Passole recipe. He had three bowls..:D:D:D