Making LOML's big desk - Finished

Don,

Congrats! :congrats::clap: It's a great feeling to finally finish a project that has seen unexpected delays.

That's big! Brings back memories of my visit to the USS Intrepid in NYC many years ago.:D

Don, Don, Don, :dunno:
From what I can tell, it looks like a lovely desk BUT! We need more than one picture!! We need pic’s of the details! I’m doing a white oak project and I’d like some better pics of your finish and how you did it.

Don, Don, Don, :dunno:
From what I can tell, it looks like a lovely desk BUT! We need more than one picture!! We need pic’s of the details! I’m doing a white oak project and I’d like some better pics of your finish and how you did it.

Bruce,
The finishing was rather simple, sanded to 400, wipe on the BLO, let dry, sanded again at 400, put on the dye, sanded again at 400, put on poly sanding between coats at 400.

Bruce,
The finishing was rather simple, sanded to 400, wipe on the BLO, let dry, sanded again at 400, put on the dye, sanded again at 400, put on poly sanding between coats at 400.
Hey Don...ya ever try it with...I dunno...maybe 400 grit? :rofl:

The desk came out looking real nice Don. Great job.

Good lookin' desk Don! If LOYL is happy, I'm sure you're happy too! Looks like a desk you can get plenty of exercise with moving from one end to the other! Finish looks like it came out excellent!