Is it worth the time?

Don,

I just tried it and it took about 10 seconds but it did come up. I'm not sure why it will not load for you.

Maybe try this: http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/a...0&year=2010&month=4&day=17&txtSearchKeywords=

If it doesn't work I'll try and explain. The listing shows a Craftsman 10" table saw model 315.228310 as new and a Craftsman 10" miter saw w/stand model 137.212540 as new. The picture of the miter saw looks like it has never been used. The picture of the table saw looks like it has been used. Anyway, I wished you could see the pictures.

John

John, I just sold my Craftsman 3HP 10 inch contrator table saw for $300.00. Hope that helps. I think it was worth a little more but I had not used it for years.

Tom

If it one of them thar 3 HP contractor saws they are really only 1 1/2 HP. Also check to see what vintage it is my 97 model the arbor was just less than 5/8" from about 3/16 to 1/8 out from the flange. never could run a stacked dado on it. Sears sent me another arbor & it was the same & they tried to tell me that was the way it was supposed to be. I asked them why my Dad's Craftsman contractors saw from 1957 wasn't that way & a Dado could be run on it with no problem it got real quiet on the other end of the line. So I asked them did they know Ridgid had the same problem with their saws & had made a correction in the manufacture of the arbor & they no longer had that problem, again real quiet . I returned the arbor gave away the saw to someone that I new wouldn't be using a Stack dado. If you have a good quality wobble Dado there are a few it may work just fine & it may not even have this problem. But I would check it over & if you can't well I would run away & leave it there. Craftsman made a lot of good tools over the years then there were a number of years where they didn't & some may still not be very good thats how they earned the name Crapsman.

A 1940's Unisaw replaced it & I've never looked back. When I move to a bigger shop I'll set up my Dad's saw. too.

On the CMS check to see if there is sideways play in the arbor. Take a hold of the blade & see if you can move it any at all from side to side. With my 12" I couldn't but I always had to allow for it because if I lined the tooth up with the cut line it would be off every time. Not so with my new Hitachi SCMS right on every time. I noticed the same problem with a Craftsman circular saw side play in the arbor but my older Milwaukee right next to it works great no side play.

Last edited:
On my CL
craftsman radial arm saw ten inch - $60 (exeter)
Sears Table saw Model 315.228310 - $550 (Salem, NH)
Sears Radial Arm saw - $125 (Salem, NH)
craftsman 10 inch table saw - $100 (salem new hampshire)
Sears Craftsmen 10 - $150 (Bristol) table saw
craftsman lathe turning tools - $25 (westmoreland)
These are just the stuff listed today but it should give you an idea of what to expect to pay for the stuff. Except the guy with the saw for 550 he might find that still sitting in his garage for some time to come.:rofl::rofl: