Flatwork boat project a picture story

Man, that's quite a project. I just went through the whole series of archive pics. It's interesting to see how his appreciation for quality tools grew as he went along. He does some real nice work, too.

Vaughn there is a guy to me that is following his dreams. I just cant imagine the cost involved. Been trying to fathom out how these people do these things and still keep a family going. :dunno: I dont have lots of kids but what i have well its a full time occupation and expense. The kind of income you need to be able to have a family and buy the tools, material and have the time to do what he is doing well i just dont see how the equation gets structured.:huh:

Another thought that comes to mind here is, when the build takes such a effort as enjoyable as it must be, how do you settle down to the boating afterwards. That seems so secondary. Would almost be boring after such a engrossing build.

Jeff ....hope you read this. I know you are a Canoe guy but boats always intrigue me.

I see boat in a title and I am going to read it! And Rob, I am a boat guy, not just kayaks and canoes. Been around big boats long enough to no longer want one but I love them. If you think building one is expensive, try to maintain one!

I saw this a while back but haven't been there in a while. He does good work for sure.

Phew I am lost for words reading that story. Man how do these people do it. Wonder if this guy has ever thought about real modern day pirates out near the Philipines.

I just cannot begin to imagine how much that boat cost to build. Yeah the labor might be slightly less than USA but the kit needed when you read all the gear $$$$$$$$$$$ is all i see.

As to the flying zodiac whats next.???

Ah to dream.....:);)