Bone To Pick with Earlex...

Art Mulder

Just shot the first coat of finish on a nightstand, and I have to say that I have a bone to pick with Earlex. I've got one of the Earlex 5000 units.

The way I figure it, I spent 10 minutes getting this thing ready, and 3-4 minutes cleaning up afterward and maybe 2 minutes total actually shooting the finish.

Where is the fun in that!? ;)

I run into the same problem with my Asturo mini HVLP gun. Doesn't really take long to set up or clean, but the spraying is over in just a couple minutes. At least if I'm doing multiple coats (which I often do when I'm using USL), I can leave everything hooked up and ready to go between coats. USL dries to the touch in just a few minutes, so I can build up a number of light coats in an afternoon.

....The way I figure it, I spent 10 minutes getting this thing ready, and 3-4 minutes cleaning up afterward and maybe 2 minutes total actually shooting the finish. Where is the fun in that!? ;)

Welcome to the world of spray finishing. I even spray my woodturnings. BTW, I also have the Earlex 5000 in addition to conventional spray guns.
If you spray something quick drying, like lacquer, you can put on all 3 coats and clean up in less than an hour. How cool is that?