Speaker's podium

Jim Hager

Hey guys and gals. It's been a while since I posted much of anything over here but thought since I'd been stickin my head in a bit more now and then that I'd post this and see how high it goes up the pole before someone salutes it. It's a speakers podium made with maple, stained cherry and made on a design that I came up with about a year ago. The first one I made from this design was oak and is at a tech college. This one goes to the electic coop board room, stained to match their board room table. The pulll outs on either side are for the speakers computer and possibly a projector to use during presentations.

Attachments

• sandhill dentistry 007.JPG
    sandhill dentistry 007.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 55
  • sandhill dentistry 008.JPG
    sandhill dentistry 008.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 55
  • sandhill dentistry 009.JPG
    sandhill dentistry 009.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 60
  • sandhill dentistry 010.JPG
    sandhill dentistry 010.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 54
  • sandhill dentistry 012.JPG
    sandhill dentistry 012.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 55
Good to see you drop in, Jim. :thumb: Great-looking podium for sure. That's no surprise coming from you. The pull-outs look like a handy feature, too.

Oh, and here's this, too...
salute.gif

:D

Jim,
What are the demensions of that one and how much slope is the on the top ?

The dimensions 39 tall on the front before the arch 36 inches tall at the back, 28 wide 18 deep, the top angle rises at 15 degrees from the back side to meet the flat spot at the top of the angle where a microphone stand will sit. The back actually stands at 39" and the front at 42 after the wheels are applied.

Hi Jim, good to see you. Cool podium. Great color; very official looking. That sounded sarcastic but, I'm serious. It looks very dignified. The pull out shelf is a very cool feature.