And Some More Michigan Chocolate...

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
This is another piece of Michigan chocolate from Larry Merlau. I had someone who wanted to buy a walnut NE bowl contact me through my website, so I got ahold of Larry a couple months back and he took good care of me. ;)

It's 17" by 11 1/2" and about 6" tall at the tips of the wings. It's a little thicker than I'd wanted, but the bark was giving me fits so I quit while I was still ahead. I kind of rushed the drying, so it has a few minor cracks, but nothing I'm concerned about. They add to the look, IMHO. Finish is my standard Formby's and PL buff, with Renaissance wax afterward.

Bowl 084 - 01 800.jpg Bowl 084 - 02 800.jpg Bowl 084 - 03 800.jpg

Fire away with comments and critiques -

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a sister bowl to this one and it is in my living room as of today. I had Vaughn turn it for my wife as a thankyou for letting me go on the tour and it is absolutely FANTASTIC:thumb::thumb::thumb: My wife LOVES it:D Thanks Vaughn for a wonderful job and special thanks to my bud Larry for going out into the woods in the middle of winter to cut the wood for me to send to Vaughn:thumb::thumb::thumb:. Ya I know no pics......they will have to follow later as my camera has not made it's way home from the tour yet:p

Is that why there no more picture posts for the tour thread. You and Toni have been a little neglegent on that front..:D:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Nope, all of the tour pics are right here on my laptop:) Just waiting to get together with Larry and we are going to go thru all of them and put in order from beginning to end for the tour showing all the sights we had seen and post a TON of them for ya:thumb:

Nope, all of the tour pics are right here on my laptop:) Just waiting to get together with Larry and we are going to go thru all of them and put in order from beginning to end for the tour showing all the sights we had seen and post a TON of them for ya:thumb:
And I suppose that will involve Barley Pops and who knows when we'll get to see the pictures..:rolleyes::D:rofl::rofl::rofl: