Gotta love the UPS guy

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
Did a little on line shopping and a run to woodcraft this week. Picked up a marking gauge, a selection of rare earth magnets, a new router bit to replace one I broke :(:doh:, some screws from McFeely's and, most impressive, a set of square punches designed by Darrell Peart and made/marketed by Lee Valley. These were specifically designed for the square plugs used on Greene & Greene, and other A&C furniture. Can't wait to try them out. Oh, got the honing tools for the punches also.:D
DSC_0029 (799 x 417).jpg

That is a nice haul. I've got him visiting me sometime this week and next as well. Though my wife works from home, so sometimes I have some 'splaining' to do when I get home...got one of those nights coming up. :doh:

, a new router bit to replace one I broke :(:doh:,

Rennie I aint happy that it happened but it sure made me feel good to know it does not only happen to me.:D I wrecked one a few months back and boy i felt bad. Now i feel normal.:);):thumb:
Hmmmm Don't feel too normal. I broke it as a result of an entirely stupid act. I set the router on end on the edge of my work bench and a few minutes later caught the cord with my foot and sent it to the concrete. The bit snapped of and pinged somewhere on the other side of the shop.:doh: $39 to replace a solid carbide spiral flush trim bit.:doh::doh:

Nice haul indeed. :thumb:

...I set the router on end on the edge of my work bench and a few minutes later caught the cord with my foot and sent it to the concrete. The bit snapped of and pinged somewhere on the other side of the shop.:doh:...

Better to be pinged from being dropped than zinged from breaking under power. ;) One goes bouncing across the floor; the other goes ballistic across the shop.

I'm always finding uses for the Rare Earth magnets.

I take two of them and use them to hold recipes to a cabinet door in the kitchen.

Used them on Jigs in the Shop.

Glued one to a small LED flashlight to hold it on my hat brim.

If you don't have any, I'd say get some and see what you come up with. :thumb:

Hmmmm Don't feel too normal. I broke it as a result of an entirely stupid act. I set the router on end on the edge of my work bench and a few minutes later caught the cord with my foot and sent it to the concrete. The bit snapped of and pinged somewhere on the other side of the shop.:doh: $39 to replace a solid carbide spiral flush trim bit.:doh::doh:

Dad used to get after me for setting a power tool on the bench with the cord hanging over. He always told me that if I was going to have the tool plugged in to set it on the floor because that's where it will probably end up anyway & better to set it there on purpose then have it get there by accident. Otherwise wind the cord up & set the tool at the back of the bench where it won't get bumped off. His thought was he made a living with these tools & the down time usually cost as much or more than the tool that had to be replaced.

The neatest use for a rare earth magnet was on aluminum blast gates with metal doors. Two 1" magnets will be held in place by the metal slide and one simply opens ane closes the door as needed without messing the lock bolt. Makes the process one handed. Marv