Books and kits count as tools, right?

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
So inspired by the guys visit to Ron Hock, I ordered myself up one of the sharpening books and a plane kit! Figured Sure I could probably make my own, but the kit seemed pretty reasonably priced, and heck, I might actually be able to finish the project in a reasonable time frame! :thumb:

Got it in the mail today!

rh_01.jpg

rh_02.jpg

Hey, Just noticed, It's actually signed by Ron! Sweet!

The Facebook button has been there for a while I think, At least a month. Darren posted something about it. Basically, Its on the first post of every thread now, so you could share something on FB.

Very cool, I've been thinking about doing a plane kit as well. Did you order from his site?

Rennie, yeah like Brent mentioned the facebook link was added a little over a month ago. It shows on the first post in each thread for most of the forums (not admin or member business forums). Give it a try and let us know what you think.

Ordered both directly from Ron.

I must say it's quite an impressive book. I've only skimmed through it a little bit and the level of detail is quite amazing. And honestly, for 1 book that's all about sharpening, I really can't wait to sit down and read it page for page.

The nice thing about the kit is that the wood is all cut out. It doesn't look all that difficult to make, but it's made out of some nice dense jarrah(sp?).

After I put this one together, I'd bet that there will be a couple more on the way, with some genuine Ron Hock blade sets....