Hi All.

bob svoboda

I got caught lurking on another thread and thought I'd better come out in the open. I live on the coast of Washington and have been woodworking most of my life and turning (a disease) for about a year and a half. In that year and a half I have spent my life savings, hawked my cars, mortgaged my house and have a sale pending on my oldest daughter (what can I say, I need some more toys):D Looking forward to making use of all the experience, expertise and talent on this forum.

T-Shirt+Come+to+the+dark+side,+we+have+cookies+-+V.png

welcome bob,, i was just out your way and didnt see you lurking anywhere:) how did you get caught here? i am the one that drew warned you about,, he is badly mistaken,, i am not a turner wanta bee:) just dont have the stamina for spinny around that much :) glad you found us and feel free to go back to your roots and do flat work and let the disease of turning heal up and go away.. you will feel much better trust me i know:)

Hello Bob

Welcome. As you can see from Vaughn's avatar things happen when you spin to much. You become hairy & dance in the street. But it sure is lots of fun!!!!

As for Larry....he gets up every morning & first thing stretches his arms out to the side & spins like a top making funny helicopter noises & stops & says that's enough spinning for today I'm already dizzy enough, he doesn't know if you let the lathe do the spinning it doesn't have the same effect & we aren't telling him either.

Shhhh don't tell anyone he does play Bagpipes.:D:wave:

Last edited:
Hi Bob,:wave:
Welcome aboard..
Don't fight it, you can't win... just enjoy the spin!.

When I saw your name, it triggered a distant memory... somewhere back in the recesses of my less than astute mind, I seem to remember that I knew a Svoboda long ago... can't remember from where or when though... do I know you??:dunno: