Help me choose a wood.

Im never sure if anyone wants me to take pictures of them, I dont want to feel like Im forcing someone to take a picture.
It did happen, he met my wife and daughter also, they both came home for lunch and Brian was here.
Next time.
We were too busy trying to figure out which was honduran mahogany, african mahogany, sapele, spanish cedar, phillipine mahogany

Im never sure if anyone wants me to take pictures of them, I dont want to feel like Im forcing someone to take a picture.
It did happen, he met my wife and daughter also, they both came home for lunch and Brian was here.
Next time.
We were too busy trying to figure out which was honduran mahogany, african mahogany, sapele, spanish cedar, phillipine mahogany
Well, I believe your wife, even if there are no pictures. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey guys. Didn't mean to abandon the thread.

Fact is, after years of collecting tools, I'm only now venturing into "fine" woodworking. That means I have to start dealing with rough lumber, like the lovely wood Allen gave me, but I wasn't equipped for it. Didn't have a jointer or a planer.

After dropping a bundle on the SawStop, and in the interest of preserving my marriage, I've had to cool my jets. Also my deltas, porter cables, de walts, etc. I was able to get a refurbished Ryobi planer (FWW "Best Value") at a price that wouldn't raise too many hackles... but a jointer?

A friend of mine is a professional with amazing tools. His "table saw" if you want to call it that, is the size of my entire shop. In the past, I've been able to get him to dress wood for me, but I have to wait for him to be available, and so far, he hasn't been.

So, for right now, the project's on hold until either he comes through, or I find the buy of a lifetime on Craig's list.

Wish me luck.

I'm not being entirely forthcoming, here. Actually, I do own a jointer. It's a Delta benchtop that I bought cheap on Ebay months ago. But it was shortly after I clicked the irretrievable "Buy" button that I started reading comments about the machine and they're horrible. So I never actually set it up or tried to use it.

Think I'll take a shot at that first. Might move over to the Tools threads for help.