New Chainsaw Question - What Blade Length?

Heh.

Well, Why you were busy researching additional chain saw purchases, I made myself a Mini Sawbuck.

Didn't want to take my new saw out for a test spin and dig the blade all up in the rocks and stuff! I've actually got a chunk of tree I need to cut up into fire wood sized chunks...

DSCN3747.jpg

DSCN3748.jpg

Well, oddly enough we are having a bit of a chilly day. Even had a little snow earlier, so thought I would cut up a little wood to toss on the fire.

Worked a lot better than the old dull blade on the Ward's chainsaw :thumb:

attachment.php

Attachments

• chainsaw.jpg
    chainsaw.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 58
Congrats on the new saw. I started with one of the purple and green Poulans Steve mentioned earlier. It did OK for me for a couple of seasons, and probably would still be cutting, but it needs a thorough tune-up. I needed a bigger saw anyway, so I got a Stihl with 18" and 24" bars, and haven't had the need or urge to get the Wild Thing running again.

...Worked a lot better than the old dull blade on the Ward's chainsaw :thumb:

Ain't a fresh chain sweet? Did you get a sharpening jig and file when you got the new saw? ;)

I've got the file and jig, so should be set. Probably need to make sure it's the right size...

The old wards was pretty dead when I got it, but I did a complete tear down on it and clean up a few years ago and it actually runs pretty good.

If I really used a chainsaw more, I'd probably pop for a Stihl, but for me it's one of those 'every now and then' type tools...

We'll see, I've been wrong before, but I'm not afraid to upgrade if I need to!

Can't wait to see what the third chain saw will be when he somehow "mis-places" the other two. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I've got the file and jig, so should be set. Probably need to make sure it's the right size...

The old wards was pretty dead when I got it, but I did a complete tear down on it and clean up a few years ago and it actually runs pretty good.

If I really used a chainsaw more, I'd probably pop for a Stihl, but for me it's one of those 'every now and then' type tools...

We'll see, I've been wrong before, but I'm not afraid to upgrade if I need to!

Sure all you need to do is mis-place both of the others..:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl: