jist my opinion!

larry merlau

i feel that it would be nice if the forum could at least have the state from which the members are from in the profile, its part of the family thought process in my neck of the woods to know who and where we are from. its not like we are biddin against each other in auction we are tying to get the family atmosphere going here:wave: so lets see if we cant at least have the state in your profile i promise i wont send any bad press your way:thumb:

Your right Larry it would be nice to have some idea as to where someone is from. If a person asks a finishing question it makes a big difference as to weather they're from the frozen tundra or the desert southwest. If someone is worried about wood movement it makes a difference whether they live in a humid area or a dry area. Also if someone is looking for mentoring then it would be nice to be able to offer some help if you live in the area. etc etc. plus it's kinda nice to know which parts of the family are neighbors, it always nice to set up a get together. Even if it only for a cuppa Joe and to tell some lies.

Larry -

I'll give you my RR# and street number if you wanna send me some of those walnut trees that grow like weeds where you are. :D

I could probably manage a few lobsters in return, some nice pickled herring and some good Moosehead beer. All in the family, ya know ;)

I'll wholeheartedly agree with that Larry, it makes a difference like Don said about what you are talking about or asking for advice.

sometimes you see people asking about a law question or building code question..it would be nice to know where they are from to give an intelligent answer..not that I have ever given one...:huh:

Hey Ian,
I got some nice mesquite and some eucalyptus, could also score some olive wood and pecan here in AZ..how about masanita and cotton wood..

Don

I'm a cab'nit maker. I got no use for twisty old mesquite stumps ;) I got one of those wood spinning things, but my most of my output is "decorative firewood". And mulch.

Besides, I'd have to ship one heck of a load of lobsters your way just to pay for the freight on wood. Not that I would mind, really - with the prices we pay for hardwood imported hardwood here.

I love Nova Scotia, but most of the trees that grow here are good for 2 things only - pulp and firewood :(

i feel that it would be nice if the forum could at least have the state from which the members are from in the profile, its part of the family thought process in my neck of the woods to know who and where we are from. its not like we are biddin against each other in auction we are tying to get the family atmosphere going here:wave: so lets see if we cant at least have the state in your profile i promise i wont send any bad press your way:thumb:
I agree Larry, but will generalize your suggestion to change 'state' to 'country and region'.

I'd be more specific about my location, but I don't think most folks know where Tujunga is. (And a lot of them can't pronounce it anyway.) I must have something for living in places with weird names. OK, Albuquerque isn't that strange, but how many people can pronounce Pojoaque or Cuyamungue? I spent time in both of those places while growing up.

Oh and Lee, I think I saw a loose shingle on your roof. :D

Yeah, I'd like to see that too.:thumb: I've always had my location shown, and there's not a lot of us WWr's out here in my part of the state, (at least that get on the forums) and it's really nice to know if there is someone else close by that you "Might" get to meet. I did meet one as a result of the "other" forum that was only about 60 miles away and we've been to lunch and I've stopped by to see him for a few minutes a couple of times since and it was a nice treat. I mentioned this same thing over "there" one time but it was apparently not a popular idea with a few "Voicey" ones.:rolleyes: I also got to meet several from the old Wood Forum that were about 350 miles from me, but I would have never got to meet them had it not been for the forum, and one in particular has stopped by to see me when on a trip, and the LOML and I have been to his place three or four times when we were over his way for a very pleasant visit with both he and the Mrs.

Larry -

I'll give you my RR# and street number if you wanna send me some of those walnut trees that grow like weeds where you are. :D

I could probably manage a few lobsters in return, some nice pickled herring and some good Moosehead beer. All in the family, ya know ;)

not walnut ian ( hickory) better clean yur glasses:) how much you lookin for? nova scotia aint to far away just 30hr drive. and i like lobster:) most any food actually:)

Last edited:
Lee, earlier I tried to find a GPS link to see where it was you lived...and I had no luck, but I'll try google....

Sure a lot of hoops to jump through to see where you live....:rofl:

I really don't think I can get any more specific about my location without telling you what room my computer is in. :huh:

33.8736N, 117.7627W Nice looking neighbourhood - close to parks, not too far from the university. Right on the cul-de-sac, not too much traffic. Trees by the driveway. Nice hip roof.

I wish everyone could post their coordinates so I could scope out their homes from space :D

I'll post my own later - gotta find some batteries for my GPS.

Renie beat me to the punch !

I'm gonna start a new thread for anyone who wants to post their coordinates. I think Google Earth/Google Maps is just dead cool.

I might not think so in someone was zeroing a Tomahawk missile in on my roof, but that's not too likely.