Nascar Fans

Only what I head Jeff say on the pre race shows.

<Conspiracy Theory Mode>
It's all for show. They are doing it to just add a little 'controversy' to the show.
</Conspiracy Theory Mode>

Nope it wasn't "professional". I kind of go with Brent. Adds to the TV value. But 48's stunts in the last 2 races were close to causing the "Big One". For the record, I am not a 24 fan or 48.

Just started watching Nascar 2 seasons ago. Got the big screen hd tv and decided I should watch some sort of sports, so picked Nascar :D

I'm still not sure who I'm a fan of...

I don't have the history to be a Dale Jr. fan.

I don't feel like being a fan of a front runner.

I used to HATE Kyle Bush, especially when he tried and failed to do a pete townsend on the guitar, but have grudgingly begun to have some respect for him lately...

Just like the strategy involved in the whole racing thing...

Whats realy funney about the whole Gordon/Jihnson thing is that Jeff Gordon is half owner of the 48 team.

I've watched it for a lot longer then you Brent, Used to Be a dale Sr. fan and when he got killed I just stuck with Jr. Even as hard as it's been these last few years. I kinda am pulling for Mark Martin although it looks to me like he won't make it into the top 12.

Whats realy funney about the whole Gordon/Jihnson thing is that Jeff Gordon is half owner of the 48 team.

I've watched it for a lot longer then you Brent, Used to Be a dale Sr. fan and when he got killed I just stuck with Jr. Even as hard as it's been these last few years. I kinda am pulling for Mark Martin although it looks to me like he won't make it into the top 12.

Doh! Forgot about Mark. I guess you could say I am a fan of Mark. Total class act, IMHO.

I can tell you what's going on.
Jimmie is winning and Jeff is not.
I think Jimmie is feeling some pressure now to keep winning. I think it's all about to start falling apart for him though.

Tom

What the heck happened to my man Newman?????

I can tell you what's going on.
Jimmie is winning and Jeff is not.
I think Jimmie is feeling some pressure now to keep winning. I think it's all about to start falling apart for him though.

If Jimmie doesn't get his act together he won't be winning much. Jeff's frustration with Jimmie is not an act. Jimmie needs to remember he is messing with his boss and his teammate. Jeff survived a split with Ray Evernham and he will survive a split with Jimmie Johnson if it comes to that. It somehow appears to me that despite all the wins the 48 still feels he is running in the shadow of the 24.

If you think back to the beginning of the race, it was hugs and kisses. Oh I respect the 48. Then after the race, I'm mad. Kind of like General Hospital or Guiding Light.

This just in, new Nascar soap opera, "As the Goodyear Rolls". I swear sometimes I think it is ran by wrestling.

Nascar Fans "What is NASCAR"?

NASCAR is the acronym for National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing". Started way back when all there were were dirt tracks and the sand of Daytona Beach. It's sure come a long way.

We never got very far in it back in the mid 60's, because it was getting way too expensive for small timers even back then.

NASCAR is the acronym for National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing". Started way back when all there were were dirt tracks and the sand of Daytona Beach. It's sure come a long way.

We never got very far in it back in the mid 60's, because it was getting way too expensive for small timers even back then.

With the cup cars costing close to a Million $$ each it definitly isn't a poor mans sport.

With the cup cars costing close to a Million $$ each it definitly isn't a poor mans sport.

weel, it's true that it's always been an expensive sport, concidering what it cost(even back then) to supe up an engine,etc... but with all the tech they have, I've seen several humongous wrecks that the drivers walk away from... that's why they cost a million bucks.a set of tires is about $1500 x how many sets they use at any given track. that's why sponsorship is huge in the sport.
as for JJ abd JG... it's about the $$... not the PR or hype...the MONEY. last yearJJ's take as Champ was an extra 4Mil...4 million bucks to the Champ. That's not including what they won during the year. when you ain't winning, or in the top 10, the prize starts to drop like a rock( concidering what you have invested for each race, you gotta do good). Jeff is a former Champ whos' trying to get back to the top. JJ is a great driver, with a great team, whos' been VERY lucky over the past 3 years. he's come out smellin' like a champ when things happen, where others have had their cars towed to the trailer for the trip home. That's LUCK, plain and simple...and you need a certain amount of it in every competetive sport to be a continuing winner. I don't think JJ wil get his 5th Championship, because other drivers/teams have closed the technology gap, and have worked hard to improve. look at Jamie McMurray... couldn't buy a win last year with Rousch, but has done exceptionally well this yr with Earnhardt/Ganassi Racing... same apllies to Denny Hamlin... he/his team is steadidly improving... Mark Martin is the classiest driver out ther, and has the respect of EVERY driver/team in Cup series. but unless he starts getting lucky, he'll miss the Chase. like I said, you NEED luck to be in the top 12. I love Nascar, but I won't spend $80-100 per seat to watch it at the track... tv is much better for veiwing the race anyway... besides, the only race I've ever attended( Richmond) were courtesy tickets from my wifes' company( Rubbermaid) back when Kurt was driving the 97, and lemme tell ya... they gots lotsa people and few restrooms.. the line was unbelievable... you had to go out the gate to use a porta-potty... never again.... but the experience was memorable besides that.