New shop Layout

Don Baer

Staff member
OK since I am planing a new shop lay outI figured I'd run this by you guys for comments.

attachment.php

right now everything is in the small 10x20 space on the right, the dust collector sits next to the table saw with 2 hoses hooked up to it one to the Planer and one to the table saw. The large workbench is non existant and the miter saw is sitting on a small bench. This layout will allow me to do hoock all of the machines up except the Band saw to the DC. I will build a proper Miter saw bench with a bunch of drawers for storage and a proper work bench. I can't move everything into the larger 2 car garage but I do have room for a few machines. And larry No I am not moving the lathe down the street as you suggested while you were here.
Comment and suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

• shop layout.jpg
    shop layout.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
What are you going to cut on the tablesaw? Where you have it, there will only be a couple feet of outfeed. I'd guess a 4 foot rip would pretty much max you out.

What are you going to cut on the tablesaw? Where you have it, there will only be a couple feet of outfeed. I'd guess a 4 foot rip would pretty much max you out.

Jim,
It's on a mobile base so I just turn it 90 degrees if need be and the shop has roll up doors on both ends so if need be I just open the doos, sorry I didn't show that on the drawing.