Mini Shop Tour

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Alright, Haven't every posted my shop, old or the one I have now. The current one is in the front of our single car garage. The garage is about 35' deep, so have room to spread out if I need to. Quite a few of my tools are still in storage since this is about 1/4 of the space I used to have.

The black cabinets are a couple of old file cabinets that I've added casters to. They've each got a small shelf that can be slid out for extra work surfaces or to open the cases on. Next to them is the glass rack for my stained glass hobby.

My wood stock is stored on top of the metal shelf behind my table saw.

Told you it would be mini...

Attachments

• Image00016.jpg
    Image00016.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 302
  • Image00017.jpg
    Image00017.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 264
  • Image00018.jpg
    Image00018.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 265
  • Image00020.jpg
    Image00020.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 242
  • Image00019.jpg
    Image00019.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 225
Stained glass, cool, I did not know you did that, something I've always wanted to try!

You space looks good, not big, but not that small!

Heck, you have lots of wall space there still to use! :thumb:

I haven't done any for quite a while. I've brought it out of storage to try it again. Since I have a neighbor over my garage, I'm limited in the time that I can run the power tools, the glass work is much quieter...except for my screaming in frustration. :D

I'm still getting organized, so the walls are fair game yet. ;)

Looks like you have most of the major bases covered. :thumb: The file cabinets with sliding shelves are a great idea.

Neighbour above the garage!? My condolences. Is this a duplex?

I also like the black filing cabinets -- putting them on wheels is a great idea.

Tell us about that large wooden cabinet in the back - the one beside the fire extinguisher with the coffee percolator(?) on top. Looks almost too nice to be in a shop.

...art

Thanks for the compliments. The black cabinets (used to be cream colored) I picked up at the local office salvage place for $25 each. I need to repair a couple of casters on the bottom and add larger ones which got bent in our move.

Tell us about that large wooden cabinet in the back - the one beside the fire extinguisher with the coffee percolator(?) on top. Looks almost too nice to be in a shop.

...art

We're in a town home/apartment. After my kids moved out on their own and selling our house, we decided to rent for a year. We wanted to check out different areas of the city before buying again, possibly still buying land and building.

I built the entertainment center at my old house, it originally housed the 32" TV, but when we bought the flat screen we converted it to our "Entertainment Center" or liquor cabinet (see pics below). It was one of my first large pieces and weighs about as much as a piano. I typically put the three wheel casters under each foot and shuffle it around the house when my wife wants to re-arrange or dust under it. She's currently using it for extra storage as we didn't have a place for it in the apartment.

http://picasaweb.google.com/libertystainedglass/EntertainmentCenter#

Last edited:
Nice. Reminds me not to complain about my small shop!

I just need to organize it before my wife puts me up for that 'Hoarders' show...

Got some shelves hung above the workbench this weekend to get some of the reloading supplies off it. I think I'm going to have to move the reloading press or the vice (right side of press), they are a bit too close. I originally had the oscillating sander on the other half of the bench, so I have a bit more room now to spread out.

Attachments

• IMG00114.jpg
    IMG00114.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 34