It's Friday

Frank Fusco

Before someone else asks....
Today is Friday.
I had planned to go into the next county and plant some politikal signs then come home and mow the lawn.
But, almost 8 a.m. almost night time dark, can hear thunder and forecast is for up to 5" of rain.
Good day to stay inside. Have tons of writing to catch up on and would like to spend some shop time.
Daughter coming for visit tomorrow. She, and the rest of the campaign staff, has been traveling with our U.S. Senate hopeful on a bus tour. I know she (they) are tired. Be good to see her.
Sunday, church. I'm going to a new one. A start up. Interesting experience.

In Nashville for the weekend. Got to eat a three course dinner ON the stage of the Grand Ole Opry last night. City is taking us on several other tours, should get home in time to have dinner with the kids Sunday.

In Nashville for the weekend. Got to eat a three course dinner ON the stage of the Grand Ole Opry last night. City is taking us on several other tours, should get home in time to have dinner with the kids Sunday.
Darren,
Sounds like your getting the royal treatment. I have a picture of me on stage at the Ryman (the original grand old Opre) The country music hall of fame is also a great visit I am sure you'll enjoy.

My son Michael turns 7 today. I spent the morning turkey hunting with a newbi and called in 2 nice toms to 25 yards. He whacked the better of the 2 birds. His dang camera was batteryless so NO PICTURES! I think he has discovered a new addiction. :D Taking my 12 yr. old daughter out next. :thumb:

Well, the rebuild kit for the sprinkler pump came today, so I'll work on that.
*Need to finish the cabinet for under the extension table. I redid the one piece I ruined late last Sunday, when I should have stopped :doh:, on Wed after work. It's together and test fitted. I need to re-mark the cutout for the duct that goes through it and re-cut. 2 drawers to build for it.
Mow. Should have done that last night, but I forgot the gas can was empty. Then forgot to take it with me this morning. Hopefully it won't rain tomorrow.
I think that's enough! Jim.

Mostly yardwork for me this weekend. The Fire Marshall inspections start next week in our neighborhood, and we have to have trees and other vegetation cleared back from any structures. I've got several trees right next to the house that need some significant trimming, and the hillside in the back yard needs another session of quality time with me and the weedwhacker. I've also got a nearly dead tree near the bottom of the hill that needs to be cut up and hauled up the hill. Me and my lame back are really not looking forward to that part.

Shop-wise, I've got a commissioned paper towel holder to finish up, but probably won't get any time to do anything on the lathe. I might also finally see about getting the Tormek jig support set up for my dry grinder, too.

Vaughn, your new Avatar really creeps me out! Hilarious!

Anyway, My new wheel for my bike came, so I'll see if I can get the ole born to be mild up and running again.

Gotta rip out some low lying junipers. They call them 'Green Gas Cans' around here. One spark and they go up like crazy. Basically, I put a chain around the base of the juniper, hook the other end to the hitch on my F-350 diesel dually and hit the throttle in low gear. Pulls them out pretty well... To bad I've probably got 20 to do... We'll see how that goes.

Also have to do some work/work.

And if I get all that done, I might just carve up my new plane....

Finished my last day of training to be an enumerator (counting nonresponders for the US Census Bureau) 35% of our area did not respond.... Did you? Shame on you if you did not. How many millions will be spent because of non responders.... ? Sure it is money in my pocket but economy would be better off if my tax dollars wern't wasted because folks are too lazy to fill out a simple form required by the Constitution. Fear that Big Brother will know my business? BS is my response. We are subject to prison and fine if we tell any info... so your info is safe. but yet naysayers are so skeptible... another BS goes your way. This is the second decade I have done this... Same addresses as in the past... Same idiots and horse's behinds.

This is my next 6 weeks, thanks to the nonresponders who will fund my wwing projects through wasted tax dollars. Would be better if there were fewer to do.

My little soap box attempt...

Well, if the weather didn't stink, tomorrow I would go for a 40 mile bike ride in the morning and a much longer motorcycle ride in the afternoon. However, since the forecast looks so bleak I'll probably just stick around the house and be a good dad.

Sunday's a.m. forecast looks somewhat better so I should at least get a (pedal kind) ride in. Woodworking wise my wife wants me to make a trivet out of a 6" tile she purchased in Maui so I guess I'll get started on that - not that it excites me very much. :(

Darren,
Sounds like your getting the royal treatment. I have a picture of me on stage at the Ryman (the original grand old Opre) The country music hall of fame is also a great visit I am sure you'll enjoy.

Don, we're heading there tomorrow afternoon, will try to get some pics. Here are the ones from the other night for the pic police...

http://picasaweb.google.com/libertystainedglass/GrandOleOpryHBDinner#

The performers are Tia Sillers and Mark Sanders. Sillers wrote I Hope you dance for LeAnne Womack, she also wrote "There's Your Trouble" for The Dixie Chicks and "Blue On Black" for Kenny Wayne Shepherd. Sanders has written several Country hits, including "Blue Clear Sky" for George Strait and "No News" for Lonestar.

It may be hard to believe, but I'm getting tired of prime rib. The macadamia nut entrusted sea bass had to have had a stick of butter in it...but was it goooooood! Waz Paula Dean in the house??? :D

Tomorrow I'm breaking out the monster roto-tiller to turnover a section of the lawn. I need to lower the grade of a 8 foot wide by 30 foot long area of my yard about 3 to 6 inches. This thing should make quick work of that . . .

http://www.rent1.com/images/barreto_tiller.jpg

Then the area should just need to be raked smooth to the correct grade and seed and hayed.

It's going to be hot (approaching 90) here so I want to get it done early.

I can then retreat into the cool basement and play with my toys.

Cheers

Jim