RIP Razz

He was a beautiful dog, Bob. What a great Best Friend to have. I know some of the pain you're going through, and you have my deepest condolences.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. Much appreciated.

I'll probably get another dog but not for a little while. I can't see any other dog replacing the relationship I had with Razz.
Although, my daughters new chocolate lab puppy is pretty darn cute.

Put down one of my old mares that was a major part of the teams that I used to farm my farm this winter. Old friends that just had unconditional love. No matter how many times, it is always difficult but I think I heard a glimmer in your last statement about that chocolate lab!

Put down one of my old mares that was a major part of the teams that I used to farm my farm this winter. Old friends that just had unconditional love. No matter how many times, it is always difficult but I think I heard a glimmer in your last statement about that chocolate lab!

Sorry about your horse Jonathan. That had to be tough to handle.

I went with my daughter to help her pick out her puppy over the weekend. It's impossible not to fall in love with 8 bundles of fur climbing all over you and licking your face. Maybe in a couple of weeks :dunno:

After on of our black labs died a couple years back, we took the other older lab with us when went to look at some yellow lab pups. As my wife likes to remind me, "You should have taken the quiet one in the corner". They were all cute and I picked the one they called 'Brucette', probably because she was the most rambunctious one there...

I wanted her to learn a few things from the older lab, and they did have fun for a few months. Now we just have Bucky and she definitely puts a smile on my face every day...

But I still think about my other dogs often and still miss them..

Bob,
I'm very sorry about Razz. The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago It breaks your heart. What did help my wife & I was about 2 months before it happened we got another rescue dog it really does help a lot.

Bob,
I've been holding off posting to this thread, because it affects me so deeply. I know just how you feel, having lost Schultz, my constant companion for thirteen years. It was devastating. It took me over two years to finally decide I needed another animal (see my avatar, above - That's Shana my 2½ year old Standard Schnauzer). If anything, I'm even more attached to her than I was to old Schultz, but hopefully she and I will have at least ten more years together.

I also have a 12 year old little 'rescue' schnauzer that Is nearing the end of her days - She's on several meds now, but is still comfortable, but we do know her days are numbered. We'll miss her sorely, too, when that time comes.

My only advice is - don't wait two years like I did. Find another animal soon to share your love and devotion.

Thanks again for all your kind comments.

I'm going to make a real nice box to put his ashes when I get them back from the Vet. Then I'm going to bury him in my wifes flower garden that he used to terrorize and really tick her off. :D

Considering the economy and my job situation, I'll probably hold off getting another dog until things improve financially. Possibly a rescue dog or maybe even a service dog that couldn't cut the mustard. :dunno:

Thanks again for all your kind comments.

I'm going to make a real nice box to put his ashes when I get them back from the Vet. Then I'm going to bury him in my wifes flower garden that he used to terrorize and really tick her off. :D

OK Thats FUNNY:D:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Considering the economy and my job situation, I'll probably hold off getting another dog until things improve financially. Possibly a rescue dog or maybe even a service dog that couldn't cut the mustard. :dunno:

On that note, can I help?