Craigs list made me do it

Alan Bienlein

Well I was searching craigslist for tools and came across a 8" grizzly jointer for $650. It was about 2 years old and he had an extra set of blades and a blade hone to go with it. I contacted him and told him I'd give him $400 cash for it since grizzly was selling the same jointer for $575. He was like so what you still have to pay shipping and sales tax and that it would cost me $925.

Well lets just say I recieved confirmation that it's being shipped by Saia motor freight from Grizzly. Wife said he was nuts for that price and I was better off getting a new one with a warranty. Next thing I know she's ordering it from Grizzly for her anniversary present and that she will let me use it.:eek: It's the GO586 8" jointer with 2 hp motor and 75" bed.

This guy was actualy trying to include shipping and sales tax into the value of the tool. I thought I was being fair since I was offering more than 50% of new value.:dunno:

Pictures to follow when it arrives for the pic police.

My 6"ridgid jointer is going up for sale.

400 was more than a fair offer. He was a fool not to take it. But in the long run you probably made out better.:thumb:

Alan i was glad when i saw you did not take the offer. That guy only paid $650 for that machine. I know cause i bought mine similar model when those came out and for a while thats what Grizz had them at.

Hes gonna wait a long time for someone to give him what he is asking.

You sure got a keeper of a lady there. :thumb: But i have to say so do i.;)