getting some shop time in in between drops...

Dan Noren

Staff member
i decided to take advantage of the nice weather today, got some shop time in, and used up a bunch of my walnut odds and ends. i made some sets of square tealight candle holders, 3, 5, and 7 inches. i made some holders for the belled out candle holders that i bought a while back, and i made some holders for the votive candle holders i bought a while back as well. to head off comments, i know, i'm missing one votive cup in one of the holders, it's gone missing. with the votive candle holders, there will be a grid (9 2" sqares), 4 will be filled with the candle cups, the other 5 with a handful of small stones (just soooo artsy). the grids can be seen to the side of the pic, and not in the holders themselves, as the grids need a bit of finessing. i finished just in time, as we got the first drops of rain as i was hauling the last bench back into the garage. busy day... :D

Attachments

• walnut stuff.JPG
    walnut stuff.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 85
got a few more items ready today...

get that phrase out again bob!:rofl: i had to keep out of mischief somehow today, so i used up some quarter sawn white oak i had laying about, and some odd walnut blanks that didn't work too good for the intended idea. i also cut the bottoms for the other candle holders too.

Attachments

• next batch.JPG
    next batch.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 21
first batch finished and ready to go...

been busy with these for a while, and slowed down by bad weather cutting into my sanding time.

Attachments

• first batch ready to go.JPG
    first batch ready to go.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 21
  • next batch ready for final sanding and finishing.JPG
    next batch ready for final sanding and finishing.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 23