What Brown Brought Me

I've got a couple of Ruger 10/22 rifles I've rigged up with AR style stocks. Lots cheaper to shoot and practice with .22lr than .223...

Ahh, It's Vaughns new 'Tack Driver'....

I've got a 10/22 that had a folding stock, long clip and little 4x Weaver scope. The stock broke a few years ago so it's sitting in the factory stock for now. One of these days I'm going to put a bull barrel, a thumbhole stock, and a better scope on it. Then it should definitely be a tack driver. I loves me some 10/22. :D

...Now someone tell me you guys were not influenced by all those Cowboy movies we were exposed to when young...

I'd say I was mostly influenced by my dad. Guns in our house were tools to be respected, not toys to play with. If I so much as pointed a cap gun at someone, it was confiscated for good. Even when I was a little kid, there were unlocked and loaded guns all over the house. My sisters and I simply knew there would be dire consequences for handling them without permission, so we left them alone. I remember when I was about 5 years old, my dad would let me handle the BB gun while we were doing things like watching TV. (It was empty, and "handling" it just involved sitting on the couch holding it with the barrel pointed toward the ceiling.) By the age of 7 or 8, I was using BB guns unattended and .22 rifles with an adult present. I think I was 10 or 11 when I started going deer hunting with my dad or granddad, and by then I could shoot and service a large bore rifle. (Started out carrying my grandma's Winchester Model 1894 .30-30, but eventually ended up with a .308 Savage. Still have both of them, too.)

If I lived in an area that allowed it more readily, I'd have a CC permit. CC is allowed here, but permits are at the discretion of the local sheriff. Here in LA, that means you need to have good political connections (or a sizable campaign donation) to get one if you're not in the armed security business. :rolleyes: