Foyer/hall/telephone table/desk

That looks awesome Allen :thumb::thumb:. The inlay would have detracted from the piece. I take it your new dovetail jig is working out fine for you? I guess you'll be on to bigger and better projects.:wave:

thanx alan, this week is on hold, my son is doing work in his house and Im going to be there whenever he needs me.
the next project, as soon as I put up that lumber rack, is the dining table, chairs, and buffet to match. all white oak and mahogany, (unless I get a good deal on cherry)
the only thing with the jig, is that the maple was 5/8th, and my drawer ended up falling short in width, I had to beef up the guides.
Using it was much easier this time. Im hoping to use it for the buffet build

no break larry.

leaving work today and doing some more sanding and more poly, then doing a bit of sanding on my daughters lingerie cabinet, seems the finish didnt hold up too well. (its like the wood got dried a bit, lost its luster)
painting tomorrow, then start the lumber rack, and thats a huge job

what did you use on the cabinet thats having finish trouble allen? sounds like the finish wasnt dry underneath the last coat.. maybe you can just rub it out with some wax and steel wool???

sapele, busy at work sorry, it is the frames around the doors,especially the end grains, they look pale, unfinished, but she hangs wet clothes on there I found out so maybe she just wore off whatever finish I had there. I wont rub on, Ill probably brush something on, then use some wax and buff it.(I use butchers wax now, I like its finish)

Last edited:
end grain always needs more finish than the rest it soaks it up alot ..exspecailly if your using a wipe on product..the best thing i have found is to seal the end grain well before applying a final finish.. if the end grain looks shinny before you start then you should be good to go. think of the end grain as a whole bunch of tiny straws drinking up your finish.. need to plug the little straws:) then you can go from there.. and hanging wet duds on the doors isnt to good of a practice either..