stabled blanks

Frank Fusco

I did a couple batches of pen blanks in my stablizing pot yesterday. This pile has some very spalted (rotten?) Red Bud but is mostly maple. About 3/4 of the maple are spalted and should make some pretty pens. When finished I'll have about triple what is shown here. Seems my stable solution was just right for these. There is no formula or recipe for making the solution, as far as I know. I'll be offering most of these for sale here and on a couple penturning forums when done.

Attachments

• stabled blanks.jpg
    stabled blanks.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 56
Stabled blanks, just wondering Frank, do you put them in tie stalls or box stalls?? :eek::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::doh:

As soon as I think up a wise crack come back, ye will be the first to know. ;)

You boys quit horsing around, wouldya? :rolleyes: I just don't think I can hackamore. :bang: Frank offered a nice, informative post, but can Jon pass up the chance for a lame joke? Neigh, he cannot. He felt spurred into the situation and now we're saddled with the problem ourselves. I think his mane objective was to kick up some dust before riding off into the sunset, but I say we gather up a posse and put a halter to his actions.

:rofl:

You boys quit horsing around, wouldya? :rolleyes: I just don't think I can hackamore. :bang: Frank offered a nice, informative post, but can Jon pass up the chance for a lame joke? Neigh, he cannot. He felt spurred into the situation and now we're saddled with the problem ourselves. I think his mane objective was to kick up some dust before riding off into the sunset, but I say we gather up a posse and put a halter to his actions.

:rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::thumb:

!!!!!!Acetone!!!!!! I knew the old hoss was sniffin somthin & it wasn't oats.:eek::rofl::rofl::rofl::doh: That'll jelly your grey matter there Frank....Frank there you go again where did you get that idea. Come on down offen the windmill Frank. What I really want to know is how ...did... you get that Harley up there Frank????

Last edited: