Blessed quiet

Frank Fusco

We have had a very hectic time the past two weeks. Sorta peaked yesterday when my wife's (she is president) political women's club had a meet and greet event for ALL the candidates in our state from our party. The attendance and success as beyond expectations. But, our phones had been ringing non-stop with this and other, mostly political, situations. A dozen bill collectors would have been less haranguing.
Enneyhow.....today we want quiet. Our cell phones are turned off and I took the land line off the hook. We are reachable only by e-mail and will be for most of the day. Emergencies? We have had only one emergency call in 45 years, I'll chance that another won't happen today.
Our road is always quiet. Garbage truck came a few minutes ago, that will be it until mail comes about 2 p.m.
Quiet is nice. :)

Since we only have cell phones, I signed up for a Google Voice number a while back. When someone calls the Google phone number you can set it up to forward to as many phones as you want or only forward the numbers you want forwarded.

We give this number for things we sign up for that require a phone number and give it to everyone that we don't want to call our cell phones. Gives a lot more control over how calls are handles and who can call us.

It will also transcribe the voice message (not very well sometimes) and send it as a text or email.

It's free, but by invite only right now, took about a week to get the invite after I requested.

Whats a garbage truck ???? I think I've seen pictures :dunno:

I can't remember ever not going to the dump. Excuse me, now its a "transfer" station.:rolleyes: No place to go and shoot rats anymore :(

Whats a garbage truck ???? I think I've seen pictures :dunno:

I can't remember ever not going to the dump. Excuse me, now its a "transfer" station.:rolleyes: No place to go and shoot rats anymore :(

Ahh....for the good ol' days :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Can't even shoot a dang starling with a bb-gun anymore...what happened to culture anyway :huh::dunno:

Next thing..they'll outlaw mouse traps and fly swatters :eek: