How fast were you going.....?

Stuart Ablett

We recently got FLETS or FTTH (Fiber To The Home) and man I'm seeing speeds that are just simply stupid........

With the new iMac and this kind of speed, things just "POP" into being on the screen, it truly is amazing :thumb:

Anyone else out there with FTTH seeing speeds like these?

Cheers!

We recently changed internet providers, went with the phone company and now I can be on the internet and talk on the phone at the same time as well as watch u tube! Before, my computer would time out before it could load the video. Now it is like you say, blip and it is on. Amazing! What a world we live in.
I don't know how to tell how fast it is going, but do know it isn't the fastest we could get.

Last edited:
Nothing nearly that fast here, most I've ever got is about 10 Mbs, which is average for most US cable speeds. I've read reports about speeds up to 60 Mbs average in Japan and other parts of Asia and the average in those reports for the US was about 196 KB. I figured the US numbers were skewed since there are still so many dial-up lines here. :dunno:

In the US Mbs = $$$ so, we'll be behind as long as they can make a buck. :rolleyes:

Jonathan....

www.speedtest.net

Click on "Begin Test" then when it is done, a little window pops open with you results, on the left side it says "Copy Results" click that and then paste the text into here.....

WOW, smoking, I just tested it again...... helps it is 4:30 AM here I'm sure :rolleyes: :D

I'm on a wireless link from the shop to the router.

811332525.png

:eek:

Comparisons of measurements think they do not have too much sense. What have you bought the car salon? Ferrari or a Ford? What guarantees of service? What tools are available? etc. :D

Jőzsef

Attachments

• ferrari360_resize.jpg
    ferrari360_resize.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 2
  • ford1.jpg
    ford1.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1