Nova DVR xp Fault Low Voltage message

I just recieved a reply e-mail from the customer service dept at Teknatool. and after asking what the circuit board was ( just had to see if it was the same solution) this was the reply.

"Dear Mr Watson:

Please contact our US service center on 304 295 8166. They will provide parts and assistants you need to convert your lathe to 220V. Their hours of operation is 6:00am - 2:30pm Eastern Standard Time.

Yours sincerely

TEKNATOOL INTERNATIONAL GROUP

Fan Huang

Customer Service Officer"

So same solution, Good to know that Tim was able to help me on Friday with this and many thanks Gordon for hooking me up right away.

Drew, Glad to hear your problems seem to be getting fixed. I will call Tim early tomorrow. I am usually up by 5 Pacific time, so he will probably be in the office by then. It sounds like you do not need to send your cover plate, he will send you a new one modified for 220, and a new MB?

Drew, Glad to hear your problems seem to be getting fixed. I will call Tim early tomorrow. I am usually up by 5 Pacific time, so he will probably be in the office by then. It sounds like you do not need to send your cover plate, he will send you a new one modified for 220, and a new MB?

Ray the circuit board that has to be replace on my model is seperatre from the mother board it is atually attached to the cover. ( I have the new generation I guess). The older models have the one circut board i am guessing. When you turn your system on there are some #'s that tell what Circuit board that you have. Tim is sending the cover and the board and told me to toss the old cover and board. I am looking forward to getting this fixed so that I can get turning again without it stopping all the time.

I'm glad you guys got your lathe's fixed or at least in the process...
I have a Jet 1442 that had a problem that I decided was beyond my skills so sent it to the local tech repairman.. he had it almost 2 weeks because Jet sent him the wrong parts and I think he only does this part time... I nearly with into severe lathe withdrawals while it was gone.. not a pretty sight :rofl::rofl:

It was an interesting read on the NOVA problems... I looked hard at one of those when I bought my lathe... I really liked the looks of the machine and all the reviews I read rated it very highly.... but the owner of the local Woodcraft store said she had only sold one the entire year and it was returned as the guy had so many problems with it...may have been cockpit trouble, or the guy just got a lemon which happens... plus I don't have 220 in my shop so the fix wouldn't work for me. It cost me a pretty good chunk of money to run power to the shop anyway... we had to go under ground with it for about 90 feet.

Well, I was up early (4:30 AM...yawn), so thought I would call Tim. He immediately answered the phone. I guess that's the secret, he starts his day early, and you have to catch him before he gets all involved in work. Anyway, he was very helpful, and knowledgeable, over the phone and I think we are on the way to fixing this. He thinks it is a capacitor. I have the mother board out, and am just waiting for UPS to open to get it mailed out to him. I am also sending the cover plate to be upgraded to 220, as he said sometimes this fixes this problem, (less current/heat)? Just a guess, as I am really a dummy on electronics, and I'm sure glad there are people like Tim around.

Chuck, I just went through the 220 upgrade to my shop. I first considered going underground from the pole to the building, until I found out the extra cost. I finally decided there are so many overhead wires already running around this old neighborhood, one more isn't going to make a difference.

Glad to hear that Tim was able to help Ray. That is the same thing that Tim said to me about the capacitor and the upgrade to 220. The new units have the cap on the circuit board on the cover plate. The problems are with the conversion down to 120 here in North America. NewZealand is on 220 volt as are lots of other countries in the world and I beleive this is what is causing the problems and why the fix is simple with the upgrade to 220. This is just speculation on my part but i am sure I am right on the money with this.

In regards to the 220. Most all homes have 220 in them as most dryers and hot water tanks work on 220. It is at the breaker panel that the voltage is stepped down to 120. It is the amp service to your house that makes all the difference. I have a 150 amp service (200 would be better) and if I ran all the machines at once I might have problems. Of course that will never happen. I have extra space in my panel so I just add the appropriate breakers and run the wires on the surface of the walls. Running the wires can be a pain if you have to run through walls and floors. I took an electronics tech course in the 80's so I am comfortable dealing with the elecrical and wiring but I am no expert and any questions that I do have I just call my electrican friends and they point me in the right directions.

Glad you guys are gettun your lathes fixed and drew dont wait up for me to switch to your side:) if yu do yur gonna be real cranky and tired:):rofl::rofl:

Awww come on Larry we have really really good cookies. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I never get cranky and tired. Ok ok I am a bit cranky as I am laid up right now with a buggered knee (torn cartalidge waiting for surgery on the 10th) and a wife sitting over me with a base ball bat threatening to smack me if I try to do a thing. :eek: Janet protested when I pushed to get all the blanks cut up and end sealed and I am still suffering from that. The shops a mess and i am being held captive by my wife and all she bought me was near beer. :(:(:(

I thought that giving a canuk near beer was against the law.:eek::D:rofl:

Not against the law, just in bad taste. :rofl:

Actually I am on a waiting list for cancellations and am on pain killers so I have to stay off any booze until after the 10th. I have read and re read all my turning and wood working magazines and have watched all the movies that we have. I am looking on line at all kinds of sites and getting lots of ideas of things I want to make. Walking with a cane really sucks. Though I have put a nail in the end of the cane and the neighborhood is garbage free now. :rofl::rofl::rofl: