Irony

allen levine

My son spent 28 years living under my roof, and I dont think Ive ever seen him pick up a rag or sponge to ever clean his bathroom.
Yesterday, my wife spent 2 out of 3 hours in his new home cleaning one of the bathrooms.

Well he has her well trained doesn't he? Time to cut the apron strings and let him live in his own filth see how long that lasts. I had that problem with my wife and had to train her to just close the door. At this age we are not nurse maids.

Well he has her well trained doesn't he? Time to cut the apron strings and let him live in his own filth see how long that lasts. I had that problem with my wife and had to train her to just close the door. At this age we are not nurse maids.

I told my wife shes not his maid. Its just her nature, like all mothers to spoil their sons.
I told him Id assist him in any construction, floor installation, moldings, but Im only there to assist, he has to do most of the work. Ill bring the tools, he has to bring the muscle and back.

I told my wife shes not his maid. Its just her nature, like all mothers to spoil their sons.
I told him Id assist him in any construction, floor installation, moldings, but Im only there to assist, he has to do most of the work. Ill bring the tools, he has to bring the muscle and back.

in other words , you are a unpay supervisior

Hey Allen:

Let me know if he's doing a BIG job and needs another supervisor :rofl:

I can stand around wearing my civil service work gloves (hands in pockets) for a long time.

If he's doing yard work, I'll even bring my own shovel to lean on while I'm watching.

Cheers

Jim

PS: I view my little civil service joke above as harmless - no discouraging words were intended. Kind of like a lawyer joke . . . I'm an IT geek - drop 20 and fire for effect. . .

my son is an IT engineer also.
its kinda funny, he watches you tube and thinks he can do anything. I give him credit.
Hes painting and spackling tonight, and were putting in a floor on monday or tuesday.
He has to go buy a lawnmower, he has to start cutting his lawn and tending to the grounds. A totally new experience for him.
He seems to be handling everything quite well.
Got his verizon hook up today, has the oil guy delivering monday, all the water, electric and other bills have been set up this week.
Im not that much help, I dont have the energy anymore especially at night.
Hes a good kid, hes worked hard for it.