Project Critiques.

While I second the idea of specifying "CRITIQUE" on the subject, I do not see the difference respect to what me and others put as a footnote like " Coments and critics welcome" for instance..
Toni, one of the aspects of how we use it is to maintain a list as a sticky of Critique postings so that they don't get lost in the archives. That way a new turner can browse the listed posts for guidance or a member can use the list for reference when pointing someone to an example thread or post. Putting "Critique" in the heading makes it easier to pick up by the person maintaining the list.

I like the "critique" title so that a reader knows that he can critique the piece. I have a few concerns though.
If you do not put "critique" in the title, does that mean that you only want people to post and say "great job", even when it isn't a particularly great job? Should they just put, "I have viewed this thread. Thanks for posting it."
It also depends on how the thread is written. I see numerous threads that start like this - "This is such and such. I think that it is my best work and is absolutely great. I do not think that I would change a thing about it and my wife loves it. Critiques are welcome." You either have to respond positively or tell the person that they have no skill and their wife has no taste. :eek:
If you are going to ask for a critique, I would suggest just posting the photos, materials, finish, size, and any other relevant information and let the critique give honest feedback.
Just my $.02

Toni, one of the aspects of how we use it is to maintain a list as a sticky of Critique postings so that they don't get lost in the archives. That way a new turner can browse the listed posts for guidance or a member can use the list for reference when pointing someone to an example thread or post. Putting "Critique" in the heading makes it easier to pick up by the person maintaining the list.

That makes sense Chas, thanks for the explanation.:thumb: