Demo Day & Sale

Local Woodcraft here in Charlotte, NC is having a demo day and sale this weekend. Not sure if this is just a local event or other stores are participating.

There will be factory reps doing demo's & Free food (normally pizza)

When you walk in the store you are handed a medium sized paper bag. Anything you cam fit in the bag gets a 15% discount. Most everything else in the store is 10% off.

There will be a couple of FW guys meeting at Fireside Restaurant at 8:30 AM for breakfast then a trip to the store. Join us if you can.

Ed...I hope they have a Jet mini lath on demo (they normally do) and the Timberwolf guy is normally there doing some amazing freehand cutting on a bandsaw.

Not affiliated...just empty my wallet there often.

Hi John, I'll see you Sat. morn.

Any other FW members in the area are welcome to join us! It'll be a good opportunity to meet fellow woodworkers in the area!

Ed

Little bump.

We are getting a good group together before heading to the Woodcraft store. Several people are joining us from the NCWoodworker forum for breakfast. If there is anyone else in the Charlotte, NC area, please come by!

Kansas City Woodcraft is having the same 15% deal.
I'll probably slide by there after the Woodshow saturday.

We had a good breakfast this morning. John and myself from the FW forum and a good size group from the NCWW forum.

IMAG0002.jpg

P1010014.jpg

We then all went to the Woodcraft store for their sale. The store was busier than I have ever seen it! I picked up a Nova Midi chuck for 1/2 price and a couple router bits.

looks like ya`ll had fun!
one question though..........what in the world is "livermush"?.....and do folks really eat it?

Tod,

It sounds like something that got stepped on...liver is not on my faves list, and mush doesn't sound like something I like too much either...

I hope John had a double helpin', including my share...:p

Here you go Tod, and yes people really eat it!:rofl:

Livermush
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Livermush (or Liver Mush or Liver Pudding) is a Southern United States foodstuff composed of pig liver, head parts, and cornmeal. It is commonly spiced with pepper and sage. Considered a more tolerable version of scrapple, livermush was most likely brought south through the Appalachian mountains by German settlers from Philadelphia. Livermush is colloquially known as poor man's or poor boy's pâté.

My wife loves the stuff, I think it's pretty bland! Give me bacon any day!

Mushy Liver

Livermush tastes like sausage made with liver....because that's what it is. Ifin ya like liver..you would like it.:thumb:

Well...our breakfast get-together took place as planned and it was a real nice bunch of folks. Thanks Ed for introducing me to NC Woodworkers. I hope we can do it again.

But as I told you this morning...you were not the only one there with a camera. Tyler taught me to take pics and that's what I did. That's Ed on the right (tallest) and me in the middle. I think that's Stu's uncle on the left.
At least it looks like one of Stu's relatives???:rofl:

Attachments

• cool dudes22.jpg
    cool dudes22.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 11
Now I beg to differ. Liver pudding is a whole lot better than liver itself. It isn't my favorite food, but it isn't bad.

I would much rather eat it than scrapple.

Livermush tastes like sausage made with liver....because that's what it is. Ifin ya like liver..you would like it.:thumb:

Well...our breakfast get-together took place as planned and it was a real nice bunch of folks. Thanks Ed for introducing me to NC Woodworkers. I hope we can do it again.

But as I told you this morning...you were not the only one there with a camera. Tyler taught me to take pics and that's what I did. That's Ed on the right (tallest) and me in the middle. I think that's Stu's uncle on the left.
At least it looks like one of Stu's relatives???:rofl:

John, I was wonderin' how that big square box with the gun powder flash would work! Glad to see you caught me all dressed up!:rofl:

Thanks for the post, looks like a great time

Tod, I wondered about that "livermush" too!

So.........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livermush

I lived in Philadelphia for 15 years and NEVER ate scrapple, now I have another one to add to the list! :rofl:

Opps! Ed got to it faster, sorry for the duplication

glad ya`ll like the stuff:rolleyes: .......blach! the only use for liver i`ve found is baitin` hooks ;) i`ll try anything once.....but i`ve never had liver fixed to where i actually enjoyed eating it.......even that high falutin` goose liver pate didn`t sit well with me.....tod

My folks used to get it cut about 1/2" thick, marinate it in French dressing for a couple of hours and then barbecue it so it was medium rare. It was the only way I would eat it when I was a kid --- because I had to, now I don't have to and I don't!

Jay

I had to read this before heading to my friend's for the 'bowl...:huh:

He told me bring an appetite...:rofl:

Sounds like head cheese in a piece of intestine...isn't head cheese a bunch of chopped up organs and liver also?

I don't know about the south...but I think it's good I haven't spent too much time down there...

Is this the type of food they fed the slaves? Seriously, or did the elite folks in their day eat that type of stuff also?

Stu might be able to relate to this...in Kagoshima they eat liver sashimi. Yes, they eat raw liver...

I have eaten chicken sashimi, which is raw chicken, but I can't get myself to eat the raw liver...I don't even like to look at it. I can rarely eat liver unless it's all covered up with other stuff, like chopped liver...and even so I'm not a giant fan of the stuff and never have been...:dunno:

Go Colts! :D

Personally, I am not a fan of liver. I hate chicken liver, but can tolerate beef liver. Haven't eaten either since I was a kid myself.

The liver pudding doesn't taste like liver at least to me. IT is different, but it isn't bad. I will say it isn't something I go out of my way to get.