youtube problems

Frank Fusco

I don't visit youtube very often but friends send e-mails with interesting videos and people here post some good ones.
Lately, I have not been able to play youtube videos. They just don't open. I do have it set to 'auto play'. And, I am able to play videos from other sites.
Enneybody here know wassup? :huh:

It is the standard result of YouTube middle management ignoring the repeated capacity projections and solutions provided to them by their engineers. This creates a complete informational blackout for upper management who only know something is a potential problem (and easily avoided) when it actually becomes a problem. An emergency is declared, the innocent are blamed and then middle management is allowed a wide berth to resolve the "unforeseeable outage" by allocating funds and man-hours that would otherwise have to be carefully planned and negotiated . . .

Oh wait . . . that's not YouTube; that's at my job :doh:

Actual quote overheard at the executive level: "never let a good crisis go unexploited".

Yeppers,that was it. I went to the dreaded YT site and clicked on what I thought would be a less popular video. Popped right open as did several more. Now I know it works, even if I don't look again for weeks, or months.
Thanks.

It is the standard result of YouTube middle management ignoring the repeated capacity projections and solutions provided to them by their engineers. This creates a complete informational blackout for upper management who only know something is a potential problem (and easily avoided) when it actually becomes a problem. An emergency is declared, the innocent are blamed and then middle management is allowed a wide berth to resolve the "unforeseeable outage" by allocating funds and man-hours that would otherwise have to be carefully planned and negotiated . . .

Oh wait . . . that's not YouTube; that's at my job :doh:

Actual quote overheard at the executive level: "never let a good crisis go unexploited".

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I heard on TV (on TV, I'm sure it's 100% reliable :rolleyes: ) that fully ONE THIRD of the world's population logs on to YT daily. 'scuse me while I take off my shoes.....Yep, that's a lot of people. ;)
These days, I would not be surprised if that were correct.

I heard on TV (on TV, I'm sure it's 100% reliable :rolleyes: ) that fully ONE THIRD of the world's population logs on to YT daily. 'scuse me while I take off my shoes.....Yep, that's a lot of people. ;)
These days, I would not be surprised if that were correct.

Frank,
You're old enough to know that you take 1/2 of what you hear on TV as fabrication and the other half probably comes with a grain of salt... especially if it makes for good ratings....:rofl::rofl:

I've been starting on my first AR15 build and have noticed the same watching the videos on there pausing badly. Thought it was just my connection since both the PC and laptop were doing it. But hadn't had any problems with Netflix (which my wife would have informed me of a problem anyway ;) ). Good to know it's not just me but another 2.X billion people also. :)