festool 75 plunge saw with 75 inch track

allen levine

I finally plunged in for the plunge saw.
I saw the 10% off sale and took advantage.
I was out visiting gun dealers, trying to get fair prices(I have a buyer, but figured Id see if someone would offer me more, no chance at that, Im was a bit ticked off at these dealers), and realized on my way home this morning, Im only 1/2 mile from the new tool guy Iwanted to check out since I dont purchase from my old guy anymore.
What a nice place. He has walls and walls of accessories, bits, etc.......alot of help, and the boss came out and took time to explain certain things about the rail and other parts when he saw me asking questions.
It was hard to resist, the woodworking gods were speaking to me, boom.
It will get plenty of use with me cutting 3 inch maple, white oak, ash and mahogany.

Very nice Allen. Heard nothing but good things about that saw.

I don't have a festool, but I find that having a saw with a good track guide really helps when breaking down sheet goods.

Do you have some sort of cutting table already? It's nice to have a stable surface with some sacrificial wood or surface of sometime to break things down on.

yeah, forgot I need to back up with the pics.
sorry, no pics of the track, its wrapped up in the garage, and Im too lazy to go out there now.
comes in a nice box, maybe thats why its so expensive.

Attachments

• bed 297 (Medium).jpg
    bed 297 (Medium).jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 52
That my friend is a very nice tool. I think given your health issues this will add a safety factor for you in your shop.

Here is a link to a video for those that dont know of it. Quiet the package.

Way to go Allen. :thumb: Best of luck with the new saw. Now you can get the sander and other tools since you must have the vacuum already right?;)

There is no going back now....you going green.

I needed a hand held circular saw.
I have a black and decker thats 25 years old, and I cant cut straight with it, and I have the battery operated one from Ryobi, but my son took the entire set to use in his home.
I looked at the Makita and a couple others, but when Festool took 60 bucks off it, I figured now is the time to bite.
I also wanted to see this new tool place. Its spectacular. Walls and walls of accessories, and the boss isnt too busy to answer any questions.
They will be seeing alot of me, too bad they dont sell the sawstop.

See that black piece of hard foam on the lid Allen?
You do good, that's the last time you'll see it stuck on the lid.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Your gonna love that saw. :thumb::thumb::thumb:
Don Allen bailed him self out for I got home:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have the saw sitting on the coffee table in the back room.
I was watching American Idol before with my wife, and she said to me.
"I really thought the saw was so much bigger. When we watched the video, it looked huge, as big as a table, and now its just a little handheld thing.How does it work? How does it know if your finger is in the way?"

She thought this was the sawstop. she really doesnt venture into the garage anymore.

I have both the 55 and the 75, and we use the heck out of them for work. I really like them a lot and I'm sure I've paid for them already with the jobs we've done.

The best tip I can give anyone that gets one is to be sure that you SECURELY TIGHTEN the anti-kick back stop when making a plunge cut.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

today was the first day I used the plunge saw. Needed to make a few cuts but dont have the clamps yet to hold down the rail. (Yes I know I can use any other clamps and clamp topside, but I wanted to try the rails with the complete package)
Anyway, needed to cut down a 10/4x8x10footer into managable pieces
Hard maple.
What I liked, was that I didnt even think the saw blade engaged the wood, it went through it like a hot steak knife in butter. What I didnt like, the plunge depth ruler is not in inches.

I had a glue line rip blade in the 3660 so I started to rip the maple, and ofcourse it triggered the circuit break to shut off twice.
The blade is pretty good, but I know 10/4 and 12/4 hardwoods like maple and oak dont do that well on the TS. I got it done.

Allen, with all the Festool equipment that we have now, I've had to get some metric folding rules so I can do the deal with metric measurements and then set the gauges on the tools.

Not a big deal except for when I have forgotten the metric folding rule and I have to do the 25.4 mm per inch conversion on a scrap of wood.;)

my woodworking is not that good.
my eyes dont see .4 of a mm.
I used 25 per inch this morning.
still would have preffered the scale in both inches and mm's.
Im a bit suprised it isnt, its not like it would add cost to the manufacture of this saw.