I need a smart person

Chuck Thoits

I need to find a green power source that will power a factory. It has to be able to produce 3 phase power 365 days a year. I don't know the amount of consumption yet, but 5 or 10K is not going to even come close.
Thanks for any help:thumb:

Where does it have to work? Your best bet if you're trying to qualify for some green powered business would be to contact the power company and see if you can pay a bonus for them to give you "green power." I know locally they do that, and the extra money is supposed to go more green power startups. I'm not sure that anyone actually checks to see if they sell more "green power" than they produce or not though.

After that, wind turbines can be somewhat effficient. Green power sources are typically pricey. Out of curiousity, would an ethanol or biodeisel fired generator be green enough for you?

Also really have to get a peak usage and budget to even get started looking at options.

Here's a green one. It's in the middle of a field of green, and it's got smiley faces!

But seriously, your best bet would be contracting with on of the green energy suppliers. I think Electricity is pretty fungible anymore. I know in Cali even homeowners could have signed up to buy green energy. It still gets delivered over the same lines, the book keeping is just different. Kind of like how if you put solar panels on your house and didn't use all you produce, your electric meter runs backwards when the sun shines...

nuclear-power_5810.jpg

Larry is right. Actually, that is not new news. Captured methane from garbage dumps (landfills in today's PC polite speek) are a well known source of power. Used widely in many parts of the world to power generators for local use where the countries do not have a power grid. Actually, that is most countries.

when I was a kid, I grew up in howard beach ny, which is landfill.
the largest landfill in ny is there, spring creek park I believe its called now.
me and my friends used to turn garbage cans upside down over little puddles when we used to see bubbles in them, wait a bit, then light a match and watch the big boom and the can jump 3 feet.
luckily, we did it and noone blew their hands off, we were 10.
One day a cop drove by, and took us all home to our parents explaining the dangers of setting off methane gas.