mm5.jpg

mm6.gif

mm7.jpg

mm8.gif

mm9.jpg

mm10.jpg

picture.php

Last edited:
I'll be at our Memorial Plaza for ceremonies with the members of my Legion of Honor unit. I'm Commander this year. A couple of the guys will help present the colors and I'll be on the podium to get introduced. I have missed once since 1976.

Good post and the cartoons make a good point Don. I often wonder whether days like this should be public holidays.

Consider this Rememberance day Nov 11 gets celebrated and attended by people regardless of whether its a holiday or not. Why? Because they care. They dont need a holiday to care. When these days are made into a holiday then it turns into a well what should we do with the day off kinda day and a bunch of people who dont really care benefit and it detracts the people who do from doing what is right cause they get pulled in the wrong direction.

One should not need to feel the need to go and put flowers on a memorial just so you can have a guilt free day at the beach.

Surely we should all be able to take a day in 365 to honor those who have served and still do.

Imho the cartoonists have nailed it. But Vegas will still be packed this weekend.:(

I don't think I can fully express my appreciation to all those who have served our country, so I'll just say thanks to all of you who are currently in the military and also to all of you vetrans out there :thumb:

I don't think I can fully express my appreciation to all those who have served our country, so I'll just say thanks to all of you who are currently in the military and also to all of you vetrans out there :thumb:

Right on Don. Thanks for reminding us why we have a long weekend. I'm going to the cemetery where my folks are this weekend. My mom was an Army nurse near the end of WW2.