Follow up on Grinder and Projects

Dan Mosley

Time off today for a change and found a few hrs to try to get caught up on projects sitting in the garage for the past couple weeks.

1 - I got my replacement grinding wheel from Nothern Tool and was eager to get it put on and try it out. Read thru the directions and put one of my old chains in the clamp for my first attempt at sharpening a chain. It turned out great and the only error was on my part for not setting the stop correctly on one of the links and took a bit to much off. Other than that - I love using this new toy................;) - pics 1-2
2 - Natural edge bowl oiled, dried and 2 coats of laquer - in finishing process......pic 3
3 - Small vessel - oil soaked and drying out in the open....pic 4
4 - Large Natural edge - oil soaked and has been sitting out in the open for weeks now - not real sure how I want to finish it yet....pic 5
5 - Small vessel - experiment with analine - 2 coats of laquer and sitting - pic 6
6 - small natural edge with nothing on post sanding except 2 coats of laquer - pic 7....sisters unfinished in pic 8
7 - Cluster picture of bowls scattered on the bench...pic 9
8 - simple platter with nothing on it yet.............pic 10

Attachments

• Grinder-2.jpg
    Grinder-2.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Grinder-1.jpg
    Grinder-1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Project-2.jpg
    Project-2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Project-3.jpg
    Project-3.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Project-5.jpg
    Project-5.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Project-6.jpg
    Project-6.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Project-8.jpg
    Project-8.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 38
  • Project-9.jpg
    Project-9.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Projects-1.jpg
    Projects-1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Project-10.jpg
    Project-10.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Thanks everybody.............Now i have to think up something to do with that buckeye pc in the pic above...........anybody have any ideas???

thanks again

Problem is the tenon kept tearing off and the last time it did I was to the finish thickness on the bottom (not much thickness left). A glue block I thought may work but would not spin true and I would be leary of trying any more cuts on the interior. I thought i could finish the outside easy enough that way by sanding but interior and how to finish it is where im kinda stuck................any thoughts let me know and thanks