Nova lathe update

I am sure that you will Ray. What was wrong with yours that you had to send it away?

I have the same problem you had Drew, and truthfully I didn't know it was a problem until I started reading these forums. I just knew it was awfully aggravating. At the slightest catch I will get a low voltage message, and the lathe will shutdown, only to be started again by pushing the off button, and the on. Tim has both the circuit board, and the control panel. He is also going to convert this to 220V, as he said sometimes this will help. Hope so!

I have the same problem you had Drew, and truthfully I didn't know it was a problem until I started reading these forums. I just knew it was awfully aggravating. At the slightest catch I will get a low voltage message, and the lathe will shutdown, only to be started again by pushing the off button, and the on. Tim has both the circuit board, and the control panel. He is also going to convert this to 220V, as he said sometimes this will help. Hope so!

I was the exact same way Ray and it was through the forum that I learned of this myself. If yours is the new version of the machine then converting it to the 220v is the solution. It is really simple to do with pulling two wires and changing the ground and that is it. On the old models it is just pulling a jumper off the circuit board. Mine was still acting up and as Tim said I was the 1/1000 that this has happened to and I had to change the face control cover.

"Mine was still acting up and as Tim said I was the 1/1000 that this has happened to and I had to change the face control cover".

You may be the 1/1000 that this has happened to, but I just read about another one in a different forum...both Canadians by the way :wave:. The other fellow seemed to have the same problem, got the parts back, but still had problems. Supposedly my parts will ship out today from Tim. Sure hope this thing works right now.

"Mine was still acting up and as Tim said I was the 1/1000 that this has happened to and I had to change the face control cover".

You may be the 1/1000 that this has happened to, but I just read about another one in a different forum...both Canadians by the way :wave:. The other fellow seemed to have the same problem, got the parts back, but still had problems. Supposedly my parts will ship out today from Tim. Sure hope this thing works right now.

Hi Ray, It depends where you live as to the speed at which you get the parts. It too a good week to get them to me here on the west coast. By Canada post. Mine is working great now with no complaits at all. The best thing was even with the second problem Tim was great at dealing with the problem.