Woodturningz - Good Service

Glen Franchuk

A little while back I ordered 2 yellow ribbon inlay blanks from Woodturningz. When they came in I promptly epoxyed both blanks onto Sierra tubes and let them cure for a couple of days. When I turned the first one for my Cousin's son who had just returned from Afghanistan I was very disappointed in the results and could not send something like that to anyone. The ribbon looked washed out in parts and in other parts was almost brown and the wood was not great to say the least. My first thought were "Is this what these are like"? I turned the second blank and it came out beautifully.

I took pictures and sent an email to Ryan at Woodturningz expressing my dissatisfaction. Within a day Ryan contacted me and advised that they would be replacing the tube at N/C. Their supplier did not know what had caused the problem but also did not hesitate to replace the tube. Bad blank is on the left. Both have had 1 coat of sanding sealer applied.

Instead of just having them ship a blank all by itself I added to an order I was already contemplating. Its not the cost of the item its the service behind it that makes for repeat customers.

Attachments

• IMG_0003-3.jpg
    IMG_0003-3.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 59
Glen, I have met Ryan and his staff at their place of business and they are woodworkers themselves and seem to always think like we do and treat customers like they would want to be treated. Good bunch. I have only purchased a few items from them but have been satisfied with the quality.

Tom

I've not purchased anything from them yet, but I've heard nothing but good comments about the folks at Woodturningz. Glad to see they took care of you well.

Of course they are in Indiana, I teach in NorthWestern Indiana. But seriously, if I call them with student orders before noon, I will have the order at my home the next day! They are as I have said, super to talk with and buy from and they are no nonsense, it will be there and be right. They have sold us pen kits and supplies at cost or less for our soldier pen project both years now!

I'm pretty sure they sell PSI stuff, and usually cheaper, but I have been will satisfied with PSI items and if I can get them with greater, faster service from Woodturningz, that is a big plus. I have never had any problems with Woodturningz. Great place. Cheaper makes it even a bigger plus.

Of course they are in Indiana, I teach in NorthWestern Indiana. But seriously, if I call them with student orders before noon, I will have the order at my home the next day! They are as I have said, super to talk with and buy from and they are no nonsense, it will be there and be right. They have sold us pen kits and supplies at cost or less for our soldier pen project both years now!

Start up businesses usually have a real desire, and motivation, to provide the best service possible. Bear Tooth Woods is another example. Ernie there is fine to deal with. Another I can think of was excellent to deal with at one time. Can't recall who it is, in a Mexican border state, I believe. :rolleyes:

You'r correct Frank, I use woodturningz for probably 75 per cent of my student pens, Ernie at Bearthoothwoods get the other 25 per cent. He is a great guy to talk and deal with!! Thanks for reminding me and plugging for him. He has great pen blank selections if you have never looked on his site!