waste not, want not....

Dan Noren

Staff member
i had found out a while ago, when i put together the sets of 4 votive candle holders, that i had made the sides much too high.:eek: being the creative woodworker that i am:rolleyes:, i went to the table saw, and ever so carefully removed an inch from the top.:thumb: then i was happy, all was well with that design.:thumb: but, now i had 3 squares of perfectly good walnut, a little over 3/4" high. what will i do with them?:huh: then it hit me:D, my brother had given me some pieces of luan plywood he didn't want (silly brother), and i had already used some in the other candle holders. so i figured, why not these!:D so i cut the plywood to a good tight fit, glued them in, and finished them off. now i have another type of candle holder to present before potential customers next weekend. waste not, want not....:rofl:

Attachments

• start of votive holders.JPG
    start of votive holders.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 68
  • votive holder 2.JPG
    votive holder 2.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 68
  • five place tealight holder with stones.JPG
    five place tealight holder with stones.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 74
Dan where i come from we would say "Now youre cooking with gas" and i dont mean gasoline. :rofl::rofl:

Thats a real good marketable product. Putting the candles and stone together makes the product way more finished imho. Much more consumer appeal. :thumb:

When is that show again??? I keep expecting to see a post on how it went.