not to sure about this

well its pretty evident steve you like your new tool:) that holly finale is just what that needed in my eyes/ the only thing i would say is can you see the beech grain at all in the piece? in the picture its just black and shinny..but i like the shape and the total look of it.

Uh-oh, you've started down the slippery slope of dying turned pieces. :D I really like the black and white combo in this one. :thumb:

Stephen, I think that is a really cool piece, I like it very much!

I do have a couple of comments.....

black_white.jpg

I added some arrows and numbers to your picture:

Your finale is nice, but I really think that top part, #1 looks unfinished :dunno:

The part I labeled #2 is spot on, very nice shape and curve, way better than mine turn out :eek:

#3 may very well just be the picture, but it sort of looks like a bump or ridge at that point, not a smooth transition from the top curve to the bottom curve :huh: Like I said, it could just be the way the light is bouncing off the black surface.

All in all, that is a very nice piece, keep them coming, and keep experimenting with the dye, I think that is such a cool way to add to pieces that the wood is kind of muted.

Thanks for sharing, and I hope my comments have helped.

Cheers!

I sure hope I did not stifle any discussion on this piece :eek:

Stu not at all.:D. as far as the bowl that's the stuff that can only help someone like me. i do appreciate it . just been out trying to get the shop in order so didn't make any time for the puter. Got a man from MI coming down this coming weekend and don't want it to look like a total pig stye :rofl::rofl: Sorry didn't get back earler but thanks everyone for the comments.
Steve

Stu not at all.:D. as far as the bowl that's the stuff that can only help someone like me. i do appreciate it . just been out trying to get the shop in order so didn't make any time for the puter. Got a man from MI coming down this coming weekend and don't want it to look like a total pig stye :rofl::rofl: Sorry didn't get back earler but thanks everyone for the comments.
Steve

as i am not a turner or even a wanta bee:) i do agree that the top of the finale could use some sharpness to it.. the rest looks fine to me.. now i dont have no sunday go to meetun dudz no moe so dont get the shop in spic and span condition i just got jeans and a grin nuttin else bud:)