How do I put this, I am a moron...

Yeah, It's definitely a wake up call for getting on in years.
:doh:
I still do things like jump out of the back of the truck,etc. without thinking about it. I can just see the day I do that and snap an ankle..

Anyway, one good thing that came out of this is I am now setup in the healthcare system here and have an appointment in a month to have a 50 thousand mile checkup. Something I should have done anyways, but knowing me, I would have put it off unless something like this happened...:thumb:

Hey Brent! Did you know you can make a parachute out of a bedsheet? It's true. I read about it on the Intarwebs. I'll bet you'd be a natural at it! :D

Heal quickly, you madman. :p

I was thinking more along the lines of some bamboo and bedsheets to make a hangglider. Apparently the local hanggliding club goes hanggliding right next door, literally, to my property. They were just out there on Monday and it sure looked like fun.

Glad it wasn't serious Brent, if it had been in the shop you might have lost a hand or a finger, so why not apply the same caution policy when riding a bike?

The answer is easy, we feel too confident and that's what causes accidents both in the shop and outside:(

On the other hand I remember when I used to ride my mountaing bike that if I fell off, the first thing I would look for was if the bike was OK, later I'd look at myself. The most serious incident I had with my bike was a broken rib, and that is a really impairing injury, you can't laugh, walk/move fast, raise your arms, turn your body or whatever.:(

Truly good advice Toni.

The funny thing is I was still quite a little way from home so that's the first thing I did was to check the bike over!

Yeah, it all happened pretty fast that's for sure. Of course my brain did the whole 'this is happening in slow motion' thing.

I don't think I even had time to make any vulgar exclamations as I was sliding along the gravel...

Hmm, sliding along gravel at 29fps. Not sure what the deceleration factor is for "Fat guy on Gravel"... :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Naahh it must be science day.

Don was that formula ......Force = Mass x Acceleration

Jonathan its the Mass part thats increased on your part not the acceleraton.:rofl::thumb:

Now lets see how many pounds do you think you added since the 70's ;):D

The real question is the age old one, what happens when an irrestable force (johnathan falling) meets an immovable object (the earth). Answer is there is an inconcevable collision.

The mass does increase the acceleration thus increasing the force. :huh:

Brent, the slow motion view point is pretty cool isn't it?? That means it probably is going to hurt in the morning, but it is a neat sensation to experience the whole incident and be able to make some corrections due to the slow motion.

It is very weird how things slow down... You know that it's going to hurt, and that there is very little you can do about it. :eek:

After much searching of the NSA secret spy sats. I have found a pic of the bike in question.

Partybike.jpg